Notices

Old 4 May 17, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

I'm sure you will love the freedom a villa gives you with Isabella - we've just been talking about how we used to do things when our daughter was younger. She's a teenager now, and we're doing the opposite and venturing in to the world of Disney hotels seeing as she's up later than me anyway! Can't wait to read all about it!
Old 21 May 17, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
That all sounds wonderfully exciting and like everything has fallen into place for you. We've dropped Universal as well for our summer trip - I paid for 5 of us to go for a day in February and worked out that with Express Passes it cost me an eyewatering £1200! We've had our fix for this year and don't feel like we'll be missing out in the summer. Happy planning!
When we looked at what rides and things we would do at Universal, it just wasn't worth the cost or the effort. Once Isabella knows more about Harry Potter (we're currently reading the first book together; we plan on watching the film afterwards) we'll probably go again.

Thanks for your comments

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Just finished your new years trip report, Thanks for sharing again!

Love the fact that 1 trip report finishes and another starts immediately.
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Another fab trip ahead! Will be interesting to see how you find the summer heat as Rich refuses point blank at the moment to go back when it's 'summer' (luckily May just about made the cut!).

We haven't done a villa for years but do love how relaxing it is especially in the evenings xx
As I said we've not done summer for a long time, so it'll be interesting for us too! I suspect Rich is probably being very sensible!

TFR

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Ooh exciting stuff! My very first Florida trips were staying in villas and they were so lovely, a little home from home and having your own pool is brilliant isn't it.
The Trafford centre in Manchester is great for shopping and/or food options if you wanted to eat somewhere apart from the premier inn, it's like our second home haha, mainly due to its brilliant baby facilities and free parking!
The 7 hours star wars thing sounds like my husbands dream come true, sadly it will not be coming true for him with a 17 month old in tow!
That's a good tip about the Trafford Centre, thank you

Well, your husband will be able to read all about it in my trip report...

TFR

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
You arrive back the day we drive to Gatwick. I won't wish your trip away though, it'll be very exciting to follow on Instagram knowing we're soooooo close!
Maybe we'll see you on the way down to London

TFR

Originally Posted by Buffton View Post
Exciting! Looking forward to hearing all about your experience at the villa. Does make sense to have a bit more room and pool for Isabella to splash about in after a long day at the parks. Hope you've all had a nice long weekend! Lizzie
Thanks for reading Lizzie

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Looking forward to this one.

Looks like you're heading home on the day we arrive.

Intrigued about the moved/changed CBR trip!
Ahh, you'll have to wait to find out more about that one... Although if you follow Jo on Instagram you may already know!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
All looking good Stewart I'm sure you will all enjoy a villa holiday

Joan
Thank you Joan

Originally Posted by fletchie148 View Post
Sounds a great plan
I'll look forward to reading along
Thanks very much, hope you'll enjoy it
Old 21 May 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Sounds like a fab trip! I'd absolutely love to stay in a villa on a future trip. Looking forward to reading all about it!
We've been talking about it for years, almost can't believe we're going to do it - the lure of staying on site at Disney is so strong!

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing about it
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Bobsledwheels View Post
Ooooh July isn't too far away afterall! I'm hoping your TR will ease my inevitable Disney blues once we are back from our West coast trip, as it will be our last for a while

I'm also intrigued - another cruise? A future on site trip? Do tell!
I'm being deliberately mysterious, although Jo has revealed she's already let the cat out of the bag on Instagram so maybe you already know!

TFR

Originally Posted by NCLRICH View Post
Sounds like a great plan. I love villa holidays, so relaxing with your own pool and so much more space than a hotel room.
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Your spoiling us Sears, one report ends and another begins, with such a little countdown . And 3 trips in one year?! That would be epic, if that's what you're hinting at!

The Bon Voyage breakfast sounds good, great combination of characters. Looking forward to reading along! x
We love to keep our "fans" happy #TeamSear

There may well be a not-so-secret trip in October...

Watch this space!

TFR

Originally Posted by Angeshall View Post
No... the cruise has been cancelled!
We have been on 4 Disney Cruises, but we are officially priced out now. Can't justify the cost and there is better value to be had going to WDW. One day I will be back on the Magic!
We cancelled but then booked another one for next year! Details will be revealed at some point in the not-too-distant future!

TFR

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Sounds fab! I will be very intrigued to hear how your 'summer' holiday works out. For the same reasons my son will be starting secondary school this September so we will be going in July / August 2018. Going to miss going in May.

Great price on flights I would be tempted to do the Manchester drive for a price like that. It seems you generally pay a higher premium flying from the London airports

We love a villa. The privacy and pool does it for us every time

Offsite restaurants must include Manny's (but ONLY the original one in Haines City)

And Teak Neighbourhood Grill

Look forward to following your plans

Thanks for the suggestions

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Have you looked into getting a Table In Wonderland card? Although it might take quite a bit of number crunching to see if it's worth it for just one trip.
We've discussed it before, but decided against it for this trip because we felt we got enough discount in enough restaurants with the Annual Passes. One for the future perhaps though.

TFR

Originally Posted by lovedisney View Post
Sounds great, we are flying out on the 22nd of July as well, can't wait !
Maybe we'll see you there!

TFR
Old 21 May 17, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by curlywurly View Post
Sounds like a great plan. We go the day before you on the AA/BA flight Man via PHL, also got a great flydrive price thanks to the Dibb (£1525 for 4 of us)

Having never gone during the summer months myself I'm really not looking forward to he heat, but I'm going with my brother and his children *first timers* so am tied to school holidays.

Happy holidays
Hopefully you'll have a great time!

TFR

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Sounds like a great trip you have planned. We have avoided the school holidays too but with my eldest going to Secondary next year this is the last time we will be able to do it too, the memories of that July heat though (and South American Tour Groups )
Oh yes, the Tour Groups... I did read that they're aren't that many of them now due to economic issues...

TFR

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Ooh exciting, sounds like a fab plan. You've definitely got your money's worth on those AP's. You'll love the space and freedom of a villa, especially sitting by the pool with a cold alcoholic beverage in your hands after a long day in the parks
Looking forward to reading about it, off to finish your last report now!
Thanks for reading, and yes chilling out by the pool with a drink sounds like a great idea

Originally Posted by Louisiana View Post
Sounds great! The villa will be great after staying at the Rosen.
Can't wait to hear what the rest of your plans are. And is Jo still in the DADC what with leaving alcohol behind on the last trip? !
Yes, she redeemed herself on a recent #DADC meet up with #TeamHarding

Originally Posted by Mjspin View Post
We are doing the same 16 nights you originally had planned on the same route and staying in Westridge also. Spooky!

You will love the Westridge area. Quiet but close enough to the parks and with the Champions Gate commercial area continuing to develop there are increasing eating options available.

Plus a short way north at Berry Town Centre you have the iHop that opened last year.

Enjoy!

Good stuff! Hope you have a great time

TFR

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Great trip you have planned there! I'm going to binge read your Xmas trip over the weekend!
Hope you enjoyed it

TFR

Originally Posted by dutchrose View Post
We will be in Disney at the same time! My boys finish school on the 21st too, so we are driving to germany and flying out of Dusseldorf on the 22nd. Spending the first 3 nights at Universal then a villa in Windsor Hills for 2 weeks. We've always done villa stays as there are normally quite a big group of us.
The star wars tour sounds amazing, hopefully when my smallest is a bit older we can do it then.
Only 91 sleeps to go!
Feel free to say hell if you see us

Hope you have a great time!

TFR

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Well this is a change - summer? Villa? Manchester? Can't wait to see how you get on. We've only been at Easter and summer is obviously the only time we could do a longer trip but I don't think we'd cope too well in the parks in the heat

We've stayed at the PI north every year - it's fine. If you're looking for somewhere to eat other than at the PI, The Romper that loves2plan went to in her recent food report looked lovely.

Do we get any hints about the date and location of the next episode of this years trilogy?
I'm keeping it top secret - although Jo has apparently let some details slip on Instagram it wouldn't take much to work out when and where we're staying!

TFR

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Sounds great! You'll love Jason and a Donna's villa, it's really lovely! Pussycat
It looks lovely!

Originally Posted by penguin19 View Post
Sounds great Stewart (I've just been catching up with your last rip) love following along and seeing Isabella grow up!
Thank you for your kind comment
Old 21 May 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jennieg2 View Post
I'm sure you will love the freedom a villa gives you with Isabella - we've just been talking about how we used to do things when our daughter was younger. She's a teenager now, and we're doing the opposite and venturing in to the world of Disney hotels seeing as she's up later than me anyway! Can't wait to read all about it!
Ironically, one of our main drivers for getting a villa was not wanting to sleep in the same room because she used to snore - but she doesn't anymore! However, it will be nice to chill out at "home" in the evening and enjoy a drink or two.

Thanks for reading
Old 3 Aug 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope you have had / having a great holiday and enjoying the villa. Looking forward to your report😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 17, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Hope you have had / having a great holiday and enjoying the villa. Looking forward to your report😊
We had a great time thank you, the pre-travel day is now up.
https://DIBB.in/12752703

TFR

Edited at 11:10 PM.
Stewboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
stonemad
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Love your trip reports. Isabella is getting so big :-)
stonemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 17, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Stewboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stonemad View Post
Love your trip reports. Isabella is getting so big :-)
She is growing up fast!

Thank you for reading
Old 23 Sep 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Looking forward to reading this and hearing about the Star Wars tour
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List