Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jul 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Let our planning begin - Sept/Oct 2019

Somehow out of three applications for tickets DW and I have managed to get tickets for England vs Argentina on Saturday 5th October 2019 in Tokyo!

So our planning begins even before we've been to Florida this year?!

Where do I start; flights, hotels, what?

Any help/advice greatly received.

Thanks

Dave
Old 11 Jul 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Flights First I would say - there are a max number per day so more limited then hotel rooms I would say.

Where the match playing?

Going to do bigger tour of Japan.

So many options :-)
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

You're not going to be able to book scheduled flights this far out. Accommodation will book out fast so I would get something booked in. Tokyo has a lot of hotel rooms, but they still often book out at popular times even without additional special events on. If you want to get a choice, rather than "what is left" I'd get on to it first!

Aside from that, you need a proper plan! Are you just going to stay in Tokyo? Or travel around - if so, where to?
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 18, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Flights First I would say - there are a max number per day so more limited then hotel rooms I would say.

Where the match playing?

Going to do bigger tour of Japan.

So many options :-)
Match being played here - rugbyworldcup/venues/tokyo-stadium

The idea is to stop off in Singapore then onto Tokyo for a week to 10 days, fitting in TDR and Mt Fuji, then hopefully back via Bali.
Old 12 Jul 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
You're not going to be able to book scheduled flights this far out. Accommodation will book out fast so I would get something booked in. Tokyo has a lot of hotel rooms, but they still often book out at popular times even without additional special events on. If you want to get a choice, rather than "what is left" I'd get on to it first!

Aside from that, you need a proper plan! Are you just going to stay in Tokyo? Or travel around - if so, where to?
OK thanks, def TDR hopefully Mt Fuji.

But DW has dropped Universal Japan into the equation because we only got one set of tickets.
Old 27 Jul 18, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
elstoleno
Helping Minnie

Flights will come out around 11 months before, so book up as soon as they get released.
Hotels are easier to find, but I would start looking early - I know a lot of hotels wont release their rooms until 5/6 months out but if you can find somewhere in advance then at least you know you're all booked and sorted.

Definitely get the JR Pass if you're going to be leaving Tokyo
elstoleno is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

we booked our flights just over a week ago for 1st week in july departure (16 days)

Dummy booking on skyscanner now shows flights are already 200 more than when we booked. and thats before adding seat booking (if you want that sort of thing). That makes the flights available for us at just over 11 months. was checiing skyscanner daily from 12 months before.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
we booked our flights just over a week ago for 1st week in july departure (16 days)

Dummy booking on skyscanner now shows flights are already 200 more than when we booked. and thats before adding seat booking (if you want that sort of thing). That makes the flights available for us at just over 11 months. was checiing skyscanner daily from 12 months before.
Did you use Skyscanner to book your flights as well?

Who are you flying with and where from?

Thanks
Old 2 Aug 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

nope. i use skyscanner to trawl. then i use topcashback or quidco to buy the flights direct. i dont use the cashback as a defining purchase decision as there is always a chance you wont get the cashback. still, another 70 quid arriving a month after you get back is always welcome!

we are flying from edinburgh via the netherlands (2hr layover) using KLM out to narita. back is airfrance from Haneda. All economy for 4 of us (2A +2C) we also paid extra to prebook seats as we wanted to be in a 4 row guaranteed.

dont forget to check out any points schemes for freebies when booking too.

Edited at 06:24 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List