Old 2 Oct 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Great start! So quick to start your write up. Reading with interest in case I ever decide to do a cheeky week when DDP isn’t offered.
Thanks! I was keen to get started but I’m back at work tomorrow so probably won’t manage much more this week.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 11:08 AM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Looking forward to reading more. The breakfast buffet looks really nice
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Looking forward to reading more. The breakfast buffet looks really nice
Thanks! It was great but it was expensive!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Enjoying reading your food report and trip report over my breakfast coffee 😁.
Old 3 Oct 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The breakfast buffet looks lovely and glad you enjoyed Sharks.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
bit of a beige travel day (airports and plane food why are you so bad ) so great that the day 1 food looked tasty. Waiting for more
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 04:13 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Enjoying reading your food report and trip report over my breakfast coffee 😁.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
The breakfast buffet looks lovely and glad you enjoyed Sharks.
It really was and Sharks was a nice surprise too.
Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
bit of a beige travel day (airports and plane food why are you so bad ) so great that the day 1 food looked tasty. Waiting for more
I know it was awful! We didn’t get a decent meal all day which is why we were determined to have the breakfast buffet!

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Oct 18, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How exciting you've started. I hope you enjoyed your trip. The first day sounds fun. Your buffet breakfast looked tasty, shame it was more expensive than you thought it would be. Dinner at Seaworld looked great.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How exciting you've started. I hope you enjoyed your trip. The first day sounds fun. Your buffet breakfast looked tasty, shame it was more expensive than you thought it would be. Dinner at Seaworld looked great.
We did enjoy it, thanks. Although it was tiring!

Trip Report Index
Old 3 Oct 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 2 - Kusafiri, Yak & Yeti, Daily Poutine

We started today with breakfast on the balcony of a banana nut muffin we got from Walmart the day before and a coffee from the room coffee maker. We had gotten these muffins last year during Irma and they were really good. We should have got 2 boxes really.

We started the day at Animal Kingdom and after the safari we decided second breakfast was in order (we did that a lot to the point where second breakfast was just a given ). We were passing Kusafiri Bakery at this point and considered the Elephant Ear Pastry after missing out last year however I was reminded of the Colossal Cinnamon Bun when I saw someone pass with it and we changed our mind. We got this between us with 2 coffees.

Sorry for the poor photo. This was really nice and more than enough for two. The coffee on the other hand was vile and we ended up throwing it out. This cost us $13.39 and would have been 3 snacks on DDP. That's pretty good value considering the size of the cinnamon bun.

We were hungry about 12ish after another early start and decided on Yak & Yeti with one of our Landry Select birthday rewards (we had one each). Since we were Landry Select members we didn't need a reservation and were seated quickly.
Photos of the specials menu only as I've taken many pictures of the main menu over the years!

I got a Shanghai Lemonade Passion Fruit flavour to drink and Marie just got a Sprite.

We discovered the Wok Fried Green Beans last year so absolutely had to have them!

These were as good as we remembered and we ate them all!

For mains I fancied fish and considered the cod from the specials menu but decided on the Miso Glazed Salmon. This was really tasty.

Marie just fancied a burger so got the Kobe Beef Burger.

She declared this the best burger she'd ever had! I had a taste and it was a pretty good burger. When the manager came round to ask how we were (they do that if you're a Landry Select member) she informed him of this!

We didn't order dessert as we were too full. The meal came to $43.92 with the $25 reward taken off. We left the full 20% tip as our server was fantastic. This could have been 2 TS credits but we'd have had to pay for the starter.

We were in Disney Springs late afternoon and arrived really thirsty. I suggested going to the Coke place for the international flight. When we got there we were so hot and thirsty we ordered the Combo. For anyone who hasn't tried this it's all the international drinks plus a tray of floats. It amounts to 24 small cups, 8 of which are floats.

Even between two very thirsty people this was a ridiculous amount of fluid! We didn't finish the ones we didn't like which was about 8 and didn't finish all the floats. We left bloated and full! I don't know what we were thinking and it cost us $17.04.

While in DS we decided that dinner was to be something light and Marie was desperate to go back to The Daily Poutine for the Classic. This time we were to get one each instead of sharing like we did last year. We did share a lemonade though.

This cost us $22.66 and we enjoyed it again. It may have been a QS credit each on DDP.

Dessert was the Cookies and Cream Pie that we buy every year even when on DDP as we love it so much. We bought this in Walmart the day before. The only picture I have is this one of a mess in a bowl so I'll include an internet pic.

I can't remember how much this was and can't find the receipt.

Total spends (not including anything bought at Walmart) was $97.01. If on DDP we would have used 3 snacks, 2 TS and 2 QS (I think) credits plus paid OOP for the coke and starter at Y&Y.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 11:12 AM.