Notices

Old 16 Oct 18, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Universal AP being put to use

Well I only got back from my trip on 6 October but knew i would be going back to do justice to the AP that i bought.

I did just 2 days last trip but I am planning to do just universal this time, partly to keep the cost down and so that i can actually rest when on holiday!

So with everyone else talking about bargain flights I thought I should look and couldn't find any that suited me. Last time I booked about 5 weeks before departure and flew from Bristol so it was a bargain. Couldn't do that this time as off season so knew I would have to go to Gatwick

Thought I would try January or February and miss the Christmas crowds and before spring break. So using one of those many flight search engines I found a flight starting at £250 flying Virgin

Sounded too good to be true as also included baggage and on the Virgin site it was over £400 for classic and over £800 for PE. But i clicked through to Netflights and sure enough it was just £257 for a classic seat on Virgin on Saturday 12 January for a week. I do a week as I have cats and I don't want to impose on my neighbours too much.

The flights were confirmed quickly and I thought I would see what seats were available on the Virgin website - yep my booking was there and there are loads of seats to choose from Not able to bid for an upgrade but could pay for this starting at £80 each way for Delight and increasing to £1923 for upper class one way

However I thought I should wait and keep checking the prices to see if they came down. Then I thought about using my miles ( collected back in 2007) and kept live by buying a few thanks to Tesco. FOr only 22400 miles I could upgrade so I rang them up - yep that is fine just £78 to pay for the extra taxes Booked seats in the bubble too.

So now I need to sort out travel to and from Gatwick, hotel at Gatwick and a hotel over there.

Edited at 09:21 AM.
lizzie145 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Sorted out my hotel - staying just around the corner from last time at Lake Buena Vista as there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and it is easy to get a uber to universal.

Think i am going to book the premier inn at Gatwick as it will be dark so plane watching wouldnt be easy so rules out Bloc hotel.

Travel to the airport - i am spending far too much time looking for the best and cheapest options.

Direct on the coach is nearly £100 and the train is double that. However by spliting tickets i can get it cheaper.

Thinking about the coach to Victoria and then down to Gatwick - this is half the price and i would only be arriving 1 hour later.

Coming home is not so easy as it is a Sunday so less options so may get the train back for about £60 and home earlier.
Old 29 Dec 18, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

So not long to my trip. I have now booked the train from Newton Abbot to Gatwick for just £35 and the return at £26.
Also booked the premier Inn with the dinner deal for £73.

So I am pretty sure the title just mentions Universal, nothing about Disney. Thanks to Tim Tracker I am now thinking about buying a ticket to an After hours event for Magic Kingdom . Not part of the plan but it does look rather fun and you get snacks included.

Decisions decisions

Edited at 12:45 AM.
lizzie145 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List