Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 26 Nov 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Enjoying your report, Wolfgang Puck is on our list for next year and from the looks of your photos it’s staying xx
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You decided to do the food report too! I'm totally on board. It's my own special form of torture as I'm trying to diet in the run up to Christmas, so looking at lots of photos of yummy food is not the best idea really but I can't resist a food report!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Enjoying your report, Wolfgang Puck is on our list for next year and from the looks of your photos it’s staying xx
Definitely keep it on, it was lovely, we'd have happily paid OOP for it too! Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You decided to do the food report too! I'm totally on board. It's my own special form of torture as I'm trying to diet in the run up to Christmas, so looking at lots of photos of yummy food is not the best idea really but I can't resist a food report!
I did ... not sure how much of a good idea it was as I'm struggling to do the trip report with Uni work and the kid's I will finish it though!

Thanks for reading xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really enjoying so far
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 4 ~ Akershus, Electric Umbrella, Active Eat, Chef Arts, Starbucks ~ 31st Oct 18

Day 4 ~ Akershus, Electric Umbrella, Active Eat, Chef Arts, Starbucks ~ 31st Oct 18

This morning we started off breakfast with the princesses. Akershus is a character breakfast with Aurora, Snow White, Belle, Ariel and Cinderella. We were about 20 minutes late for this ADR as Thomas lost his magic band before we left

We checked in and were seated in about 5 minutes. First off we had pictures with Belle, then were seated inside to the left near the buffet. Our server explained that we could help ourselves to food at the buffet and that they would bring out trays of Mickey waffles, bacon, sausage, potatoes and egg.

My plate

Noah's plate

Notice the cheese again

Caitlin's

Yes that is just pineapple ... told you my kid's were fussy!

For some reason I must not have got a photo of Chris's and Thomas's plates. The servers bring the drinks to the table and this morning I opted for a mimosa I was also offered a soft drink which was nice, I had diet coke. Chris and Thomas had orange juice, Caitlin apple juice and Noah water (with our mini Robinsons squash added in)

We ate all the bacon and sausage and the server brought more out. The food here was nice I particularly enjoyed the granola and yoghurt, as sad as it sounds

At home I don't eat breakfast and I think all these breakfast's were starting to catch up on me! It was a nice refreshing change. I still had some bacon and mickey waffles though

This was 5 TS credits

Electric Umbrella

We headed for free iced water which turned into having an unplanned lunch. The kid's didn't eat much this morning so we got something to eat. Queues in here were pretty much non existent. We ordered:

1/3 lb Angus Bacon Cheeseburger -Flame-broiled Angus Burger topped with Bacon, melted American Cheese served with French Fries - $11.99

Sorry I'd taken a bite before remembering to take a photo

Turkey on Goldfish Honey Wheat Bread- served with Dannon® Danimals® Smoothie, Apple Slices and choice of small Lowfat Milk or small Dasani® Bottled Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitutions - $6.99

Three-Cheese Flatbread - Individual Flatbread topped topped with fresh Mozzarella, Provolone, Parmesan and Arugula - $10.49

Chris and I shared the burger, Thomas had 1 of the turkey sandwiches (minus all the garnish ) and Caitlin had a turkey sandwich and shared the pizza with Noah. Noah had the pizza and Caitlin's fries.

We all really enjoyed this meal for what it was, the kid's weren't too keen on the pizza but Chris and I both tried it and it was nice enough. We got 4 fountain drinks with these meals too. Chris and I hadn't planned on eating much as there were some snacks around the World we wanted to try. Chris hates seeing food go to waste so he had to eat the pizza the kid's left

It's not somewhere we'd rush back to but there's nothing wrong with the food, it's just general QS food.

This was 4 QS credits

Active Eats

Chris was full by this point from his mammoth lunch but he did agree to try it. This was the:

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese with Nueske’s® Pepper Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Peppers and Green Onions (KA) – $5.00

Neither of us liked this, I'm not sure why we choose to try it as neither of us like peppers I found it quite spicy and could barely manage a mouthful, Chris didn't like it either plus he was too full to eat! A bit of a waste really

This was 1 SNACK credit

Chef Art Smiths Homecomin'

Now I was really looking forward to this after the reviews. Before the trip I had extensively read the menu's of places were had booked so I knew what I wanted. When I arrived I had no idea what I wanted to order

We ordered drinks first:

Florida Crush - Tito's Handmade Vodka muddled with orange and strawberries, a splash of fresh squeezed Florida orange juice and agave syrup - $12

We both ended up with these, I'd ordered first then Chris asked for the same, I told him we needed 2 different drinks to make the report more interesting ... he didn't care We both enjoyed these, they were nice and fruity and although I did find the alcohol quite strong! Luckily we'd ordered water too.

Thomas ordered diet coke, Caitlin diet coke and Noah water

Our servers had a switch around and it ended up taking a while to get our drinks. Caitlin suddenly decided she didn't like diet coke anymore and swapped it for my water. When the server came back we ordered mains:

Me and Chris:

Art's Famous Fried Chicken - Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love - $28

Our server told us they could do an adult version of the kid's chicken tenders. Thomas opted for his with mash and Caitlin opted for hers with plain noodles (pasta)

Caitlin and Thomas:

Fried Chicken Tenders -(grilled upon request) served with a veggie and a starch - not sure on $ as it wasn't on the adults menu

Noah:

Kid's Fried Chicken Tenders - (grilled upon request) served with a veggie and a starch - $9

None of the kid's really liked the chicken at all, they did eat some of it though, there was nothing wrong with it they were just fussy! We'd already ordered mash for Noah as we didn't realise they did fries, Thomas had fries with his which caused a kick off with Noah 🙄

Chris and I got the same, however, just before we ordered we agreed to get one mashed potato and one mac n cheese and share them. When they came turns out Chris ordered the same as me I was so looking forward to trying the Mac n Cheese too!

The chicken was nice and crispy on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside. The cheddar drop biscuit is basically a cheese scone and it was actually quite nice, if a little dense. The mash was lovely and creamy too ... again there was just way too much food! We felt awful leaving so much

Next up was desserts. The kid's didn't want any, I knew I wanted the chocolate cake. Chris wanted to try it but didn't want the pecans on it 🙄 In the end we ordered:

Auntie's Chocolate Cake-With Candied Pecans - $10

We ordered 2 of these and Chris got the pecans taken off. It was lovely. The cake wasn't too chocolatey and it was moist and not dry. Again it was just too big, Chris and I should have got one to share!

Thomas just got ice cream, Noah didn't want anything and neither did Caitlin. The server insisted Caitlin have her donuts to takeaway as it was her birthday (birthday badge) and she could eat them later. She was too polite to say no ... they later got thrown away

Looking back at the receipt I have no idea why we were charged for 1 moonshine and not the other? Also not sure why there's 3 chocolate cakes on there when we only ordered 2 ... never mind.

We would go back here again (maybe take the kid's elsewhere for food first) and we would possibly maybe share a meal between us as the portions are huge. Service was ok, we barely saw our server and by the time we managed to catch him for a refill it was time to leave so we left it.

This was 5 TS credits

A DIBB October group meet had been arranged at Starbucks for 6.30pm so I popped there and got a chocolate chip frappuccino which Caitlin shared with me whilst the boys went to the Lego Shop.

This was 1 SNACK credit

Snacks: 2 USED – 119 LEFT
QS Credits: 4 USED- 47 LEFT
TS Credits: 10 USED - 50 LEFT

Edited at 10:01 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Really enjoying so far
thanks for reading! x
Old 26 Nov 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Great food report! really enjoying reading this
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 18, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Great read. Will order 3 meals for the 4 of us st homecoming i think looking at the portions! 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Great food report! really enjoying reading this
thanks for reading

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Great read. Will order 3 meals for the 4 of us st homecoming i think looking at the portions! 😊
Yes definitely 3 will be enough especially if your on the DDP and get dessert included ... the cake portions are also HUGE! Thanks for reading xx
Old 27 Nov 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 5 ~ POR Food Court, Burger Digs, Bubba Gumps ~ 1st November 18

Day 5 ~ POR Food Court, Burger Digs, Bubba Gumps ~ 1st November 18

This morning started off with us heading to the food court for breakfast. We were off to Universal today so didn't take our refillable mugs as we didn't want to cart them about with us. Chris managed to get a photo at one of the food stations. It wasn't too busy this morning.

Chris, Thomas and I had:

Bounty Platter - served with small Mickey-shaped Waffle or Pancakes - $10.69

Caitlin:

Mickey-shaped Waffle -with Fruit Topping, Bacon, and Sausage - $8.79

Noah:

Pancakes - served with Fruit Topping, Bacon and Sausage - $8.79

I had coke, Thomas and Noah had chocolate milk and Chris and Caitlin had orange juice. We all really enjoyed these breakfasts. They were hot and fresh and great portion sizes. We were so impressed with just how much Noah had eaten too! Fab use of QS credits and I honestly wouldn't mind paying OOP for these meals as they're such good value. We took the left over drinks with us to have at Universal.

This was 5 QS credits

Food Cart

We stopped at the food cart in Hogsmede and got a Butterbear to share, we opted for the drink as opposed to the slushy. Now Chris and I have tried the butterbeer in the Harry Potter studios in London and we really didn't like it. We found it very sickly so we were apprehensive about this. I think think this was the cost of it but don't quote me on it.

Butterbeer - $7.50

Burger Digs

It was almost 2pm now and everyone was so hungry we popped into the nearest food outlet which was Burger Digs in Jurassic Park. We knew we were having a big meal tonight so didn't want too much to eat, plus I was still feeling iffy from 'The Forbidden Journey'.

We opted for:

Bacon Cheeseburger Combo (UD) - $16.49

Chicken Tenders Combo (UD) - $14.49

I expected these to be huge portions like all meals we'd eaten in Disney. Sadly there was hardly any chicken tenders or fries, luckily it was enough for the kid's as they'd previously had sweets from Zonko's in Hogsmede anyway. Chris and I shared the burger and refilled our refillable mugs we'd bought earlier. The kid's also filled up with the milkshakes. The food was ok, nothing special really.

Total cost for this was $33.

Bubba Gumps

Tonight was Bubba Gump. I was really looking forward to this. I've been to the one in London twice, the last time being for my 30th in March and the cocktails were some of the best cocktails we've ever had! I was so impressed that I actually managed to take photos of the menu here ... it's took till day 5 to manage

After a run in with a rude lady (will put details in the trip report) she brought us this voucher over which was a nice gesture.

We both opted for (mine was minus the BBQ sauce):

½ lb. All-American Burgers & Fries - $12.69
Make it a Cheeseburger for $1.00 more
Make it a BBQ Burger with Onion Rings for $2.00 more

Caitlin and Noah:

Choice of entree, with 1 side, 1 drink and jello - $8.49

They both opted for pizza with fruit, not sure what drinks they got.

Thomas opted for:

Kid's grilled cheese, fries and a drink

Looking at the cocktail menu I didn't really fancy anything I think I was just too tired for anything and in pain (the joys of chub rub ) so we all just opted for soft drinks.

The food in here was lovely. The kid's portion sizes were just right but ours were huge, we probably could have shared one! Mine came with the onion rings, however, the server was hot on his heels to sort it. He was a fabulous server, he done a quiz with a couple of tables too, however, it was wasted on us as Chris hasn't see Forrest Gump since he was about 7 and me and the kid's have never seen it at all

Chris wanted a dessert so he ordered:

Strawberry Shortcake

I have no idea what it's called exactly as I think it was a seasonal special as it's not on the online menu ... trippie fail! I think it was around $9.

This was absolutely huge ... even with the 5 of us we couldn't make a dent in it it was very nice though. It was shortcake biscuits with ice cream, strawberries and strawberry sauce. Chris would order this if we went back again he said.

This was a lovely meal and we'd definitely pay to go back. We had a Landry card each with a $25 welcome bonus on so we opted to split the bill. As we used Landry we were seated straight away and the manager also came to check everything was ok with the meal and to sort our bills out which was a nice touch.

My bill with tip was $9.86, Chris' was $17.53 - so a total of $27.39. Without the Landry card it would have been $77.39 which I don't think was too bad. It was certainly less than our awful meal at TGI's and much better service too.

With tip I paid $17.86 and Chris paid $25.53 leaving a $16 tip, just over 20%. Well worth the money in our opinion, if you get chance to try it, go

I realise that we went to Bubba Gumps and both had burgers I thought Mr Grump would go for shrimp or something as he quite likes that, I'm not too keen on much fish unless it's fish and chips so nothing else really appealed to me sadly.

Snacks: 0 USED – 119 LEFT
QS Credits: 5 USED- 42 LEFT
TS Credits: 0 USED - 50 LEFT