Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 16 Dec 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Online UK TA for cruise

Our usual travel agent Bonvoyage Uk is no sadly no longer trading.
Can anyone suggest a UK agent who I can fully cost a cruise with.I don’t want any hassle, online chat or call back with a quote just simply the ability to compare various deals with different cruise lines. I know there are cruise comparison sites but final price details always seem to require my details.
Tried Cruise.co.uk a few years ago - got plagued for weeks!

Edited at 08:59 PM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 18, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

I got great advice and service from Bolsover a couple of years back.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Viva voyage is another one. I like it because you can home in to exact dates.

They also have a US sister site, which offers lots of OBC, but I have only used the UK site.

I like bonvoyage as you could monitor prices.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
If you're booking DCL, don't use a UK agent at all. Always use a US one or book direct (pros and cons to both so up to you what you choose).
Old 20 Dec 18, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually book direct, although for next year have used Planet Cruise and generally been happy. They discounted their prices (which were already a little cheaper than direct) by a tad more when I rang and asked.
Saying that, the original girl I dealt with was terrific with her knowledge and spent ages pricing up different options for the 3 cabins we needed.
Then when we actually wanted to book, she was off so I had to deal with someone else and we had a definite language barrier and problems understanding each other. My middle name is Kate but he put it down as Keith! Lol. But overall I found them much more knowledgable than a high street agent as they tend to be clueless on cruises.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Once Christmas is over I will give the matter some serious attention. Thanks for suggestions.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

We use iglu in the UK they were very helpful over the phone for our cruise got us some good cabins that didn’t show up on the Royal Caribbean website.

I’m not sure how US travel agents work everyone I’ve visited only seems to offer cruises to US residents only I suppose you need to phone them (expensive?)

Old 23 Dec 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Most US travel agents are only permitted by the cruise lines to sell cruises to US citizens, unless a citizen from outside the US has used that particular TA in the past (returning customer). I can’t remember why but think it has something to do with U.K. law. Terms and conditions for U.K. citizens are different to those for US citizens albeit on the same cruise.

Sorry to be so vague.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 18, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Yes US citizens can pay 100 usd more to cancel at any time where as us UK citizens cannot.

Old 24 Dec 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scarecrow
Imagineer

scarecrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
You can book most cruise lines with US TA’s the ones I know that you cannot are Princess and MSC, although I do believe you can pay $100 extra with vacations to go and they can book you on Princess.

I have booked Disne, Carnival and RCL with US TA’s

Ones you can use which I know about are Vacations to go and TrVel on a Dream.
1990. - somewhere on the 192,2006 - Country Inn and Suites LBK, 2007- LA and San Diego, 2008 - Regal Palms, 2009 - OKW, 2010- Yacht Club, 2011- DCL Magic - Med,2012 - Yacht Club, 2013 - Carnival Sunshine Med cruise, 2014 Carnival Breeze and the Yacht Club

Photo app trip reports Carnival Med Cruise and VA & BA UC & Club indexhttp://http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/reporter-index.php?userid=19933

Pre cruise Med http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...d+cruise+mouse

Edited at 02:11 PM.
scarecrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List