Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Dec 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney Dream - character ticket reservations?

Does anyone know what these are? and do we have to pay extra for these tickets? if not, how to I reserve them and when?
Thanks
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Does anyone know what these are? and do we have to pay extra for these tickets? if not, how to I reserve them and when?
Thanks
Hi, sorry for the delay. No charge for them at all, but you may want to book them as they are 'special' ones.

So, Princess Meet and Greet will have 4 or 5 Princesses in one area and you only queue once for them, moving from one to another getting autographs and photos as you go.
The Princesses will all be about at other times too, but you'd have to queue for each one at different times, days etc. Princess M&G just makes it easier to get them in one fell swoop.

The Frozen one will be with Anna and Elsa (and sometimes Olaf) but they would not be available at other times, so good to get a ticket.

If none available online, just go to Guest Services or Port Adventures desk when you first get onboard as they always keep some for those who couldn't get online.

Have fun!
Old 27 Dec 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Hi, sorry for the delay. No charge for them at all, but you may want to book them as they are 'special' ones.

So, Princess Meet and Greet will have 4 or 5 Princesses in one area and you only queue once for them, moving from one to another getting autographs and photos as you go.
The Princesses will all be about at other times too, but you'd have to queue for each one at different times, days etc. Princess M&G just makes it easier to get them in one fell swoop.

The Frozen one will be with Anna and Elsa (and sometimes Olaf) but they would not be available at other times, so good to get a ticket.

If none available online, just go to Guest Services or Port Adventures desk when you first get onboard as they always keep some for those who couldn't get online.

Have fun!
Thank you very much
I think my online check in date is 20th January so I'll make this one of the first things to book
thanks again
Jill
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahb161
Serious Dibber

I'm glad someone asked about this! Will the tickets just become available on our booking from the check-in date? (Ours is also 20th Jan!)

Is there anything else I need to be quick about booking on this date?
sarahb161 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 18, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sarahb161 View Post
I'm glad someone asked about this! Will the tickets just become available on our booking from the check-in date? (Ours is also 20th Jan!)

This is our first Disney Cruise so I'm a bit blind about it all. We went on the Carnival Sensation in 2013 but I think that was a total different experience to what the Disney Dream is going to be. I'm so excited
There probably is other stuff we need to book.
Old 31 Dec 18, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by sarahb161 View Post

This is our first Disney Cruise so I'm a bit blind about it all. We went on the Carnival Sensation in 2013 but I think that was a total different experience to what the Disney Dream is going to be. I'm so excited
There probably is other stuff we need to book.
Booking things really depends on what you want as a family.
If you've got a littly under 3, then the nursery should be something you book (can cancel on the ship if needs be).

Adult only dining is very popular, but for your first cruise, I personally wouldn't bother as the main dining rooms (MDRs) are an experience in themselves. If your cruise is less than 5 nights, I definitely would not book adult dining - more than that, I'd see if something was available.

Character meets are all free, but some are pre-bookable as already stated. So, Princess Gathering, Star Wars, Frozen and Marvel are all pre-bookable (depends on your cruise what is on offer).
Most characters will be available at other times too - check the DCL app or Navigator once onboard.

Download the DCL app now. It will give you a countdown for now, but once onboard, you can check menus, activities, films showing, childrens club stuff, theatre shows, opening times and character greetings. Download it now!

Spa treatments can be prebooked, but again, like adult dining, I'd leave it and decide once onboard. There is a spa raffle/open day on first day where you can win prizes too if you want to attend that.

Excursions. Now, I'm on cruise number 23 so I am pretty confident with what I want to do and how I do it. I don't book DCL excursions as they are fairly costly, but I do research other companies a lot before booking with them.
Depending on your cruise itinerary .. for Castaway Cay - don't book anything. Get off the ship, go to one of the beaches (family or adults only), find a spot and ENJOY! You can hire snorkelling kit, bikes, floats and all kinds of things when you get off the ship - no need to do it now.
For Nassau - just take a wander then get back on the ship and ENJOY!

For other ports, let me know and I'll let you know what we've done.

If you don't book anything at all, you will still have a great time so don't fret.
Have you both joined your FB cruise group?

Joa
Old 31 Dec 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Our date is also the 20th, we sail 5th April for 3 nights on the Dream, our first time, might be a few dibbers onboard.
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Princess104 View Post
Our date is also the 20th, we sail 5th April for 3 nights on the Dream, our first time, might be a few dibbers onboard.
Same date as me!
Old 31 Dec 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
Booking things really depends on what you want as a family.
If you've got a littly under 3, then the nursery should be something you book (can cancel on the ship if needs be).

Adult only dining is very popular, but for your first cruise, I personally wouldn't bother as the main dining rooms (MDRs) are an experience in themselves. If your cruise is less than 5 nights, I definitely would not book adult dining - more than that, I'd see if something was available.

Character meets are all free, but some are pre-bookable as already stated. So, Princess Gathering, Star Wars, Frozen and Marvel are all pre-bookable (depends on your cruise what is on offer).
Most characters will be available at other times too - check the DCL app or Navigator once onboard.

Download the DCL app now. It will give you a countdown for now, but once onboard, you can check menus, activities, films showing, childrens club stuff, theatre shows, opening times and character greetings. Download it now!

Spa treatments can be prebooked, but again, like adult dining, I'd leave it and decide once onboard. There is a spa raffle/open day on first day where you can win prizes too if you want to attend that.

Excursions. Now, I'm on cruise number 23 so I am pretty confident with what I want to do and how I do it. I don't book DCL excursions as they are fairly costly, but I do research other companies a lot before booking with them.
Depending on your cruise itinerary .. for Castaway Cay - don't book anything. Get off the ship, go to one of the beaches (family or adults only), find a spot and ENJOY! You can hire snorkelling kit, bikes, floats and all kinds of things when you get off the ship - no need to do it now.
For Nassau - just take a wander then get back on the ship and ENJOY!

For other ports, let me know and I'll let you know what we've done.

If you don't book anything at all, you will still have a great time so don't fret.
Have you both joined your FB cruise group?

Joa
Thanks for all the info - I’m not on Facebook
Old 31 Dec 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess104
slightly serious Dibber

Same date as me!
Princess104 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List