Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Dec 18, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Chunky81
Excited about Disney

Would you consider Miami? With ba via lhr
Under £2000 for flydrive. 2a2c
You do get in late so would maybe need night in Mia?

Once in a lifetime trip Oct 14 Terra Verde Villa
2nd Trip Oct 16 Terra Verde Villa
3rd Trip Easter 18 Dibb Villa Tuscan Hills
4th Trip Oct 19 POR+Terra Verde 5th Aug 19 Villa Need to plan again!
Chunky81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
nbuchan
Very Serious Dibber

nbuchan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
I'm completely gutted that I can't find acceptable priced flights for October from Glasgow. I'm actually starting to panic that I won't find them and won't be able to go! I'm looking at 12-26 October, anyone seen anything good for flights and car?
We’ve booked these dates from GLA with BA as a flydrive. 2a, 2c with a car for one of the weeks was £2046. I didn’t think this was too bad.
Old 2 Jan 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
sevy35
Excited about Disney

wasn't planning on going but...

Spotted some cheapo flights MAN - PHL - MCO for £270 return so booked them.

October kids half term - no accommodation yet but i'll worry about that later.

TP
sevy35 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sevy35 View Post

TP
What dates ?
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chunky81 View Post
Would you consider Miami? With ba via lhr
Under £2000 for flydrive. 2a2c
You do get in late so would maybe need night in Mia?
unfortunately we'd not consider Miami, we're booked in to Disney from 26th so arriving late on that night just wouldn't work. Thanks for the idea though.

Originally Posted by nbuchan View Post
We’ve booked these dates from GLA with BA as a flydrive. 2a, 2c with a car for one of the weeks was £2046. I didn’t think this was too bad.
That's a fab price, I'd have jumped at that, the prices tonight are £2871 with a car for 8 days, just a bit more than I was hoping for. I'll just have to keep watching. My mind hasn't been completely on it recently with work pressure and family stuff a well as Christmas etc. I'm now ready to start seriously looking. Thanks for the reply.
Old 2 Jan 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hello all,

I've been lurking on these forums for the past couple of months as I've been attempting to arrange my holiday for October. Very helpful information and people so a retrospective thank you for that.

I saw some people mentioning about flying from Scotland. Whilst I'm not strictly half term, my dates are October 4th to 24th. I booked my accommodation in July however, managed to bag a fly drive with BA for 2 adults and 2 children from GLA-GAT then GAT-MCO including large (Cat W) SUV for £1996 rtn.

I had originally wanted to fly Virgin direct from Glasgow but the prices I'd been seeing were ridiculous. I'm pretty happy with the price for the fly drive. The return leg is a code share with Aer Lingus MCO-DUB and then DUB-GLA. As it was a code share I couldn't reserve seats on the site however gave them a phone and they booked me suitable seats straight away and at no extra cost, unlike BA. Very happy with their customer service.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
Hello all,

I've been lurking on these forums for the past couple of months as I've been attempting to arrange my holiday for October. Very helpful information and people so a retrospective thank you for that.

I saw some people mentioning about flying from Scotland. Whilst I'm not strictly half term, my dates are October 4th to 24th. I booked my accommodation in July however, managed to bag a fly drive with BA for 2 adults and 2 children from GLA-GAT then GAT-MCO including large (Cat W) SUV for £1996 rtn.

I had originally wanted to fly Virgin direct from Glasgow but the prices I'd been seeing were ridiculous. I'm pretty happy with the price for the fly drive. The return leg is a code share with Aer Lingus MCO-DUB and then DUB-GLA. As it was a code share I couldn't reserve seats on the site however gave them a phone and they booked me suitable seats straight away and at no extra cost, unlike BA. Very happy with their customer service.
Can I ask who you booked with? I'm still desperately trying to find decent flight prices for October, your price would've been ideal. I'm organising for 7 of us so I feel a big responsibility to get a reasonable price for the others.
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Susu
VIP Dibber

Susu's Reviews
Originally Posted by sevy35 View Post

TP
Hi Sevy. Where did you find them if you don’t mind my asking? We are also looking for flights from Manchester at half term
Susu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Can I ask who you booked with? I'm still desperately trying to find decent flight prices for October, your price would've been ideal. I'm organising for 7 of us so I feel a big responsibility to get a reasonable price for the others.
Hello,

I booked directly through the BA website. Even the Aer Lingus return was through the BA website.

For 7 of you every discount has big consequences so totally appreciate the weight on your shoulders with that just now. I notice that my exact flights have gone up a fair bit since booking last week however I can still see a fairly similar price through Aer Lingus albeit without the car.

If it’s any help the only other airlines I was finding which were close were Iceland Air and Aer Lingus which were going from Scotland with one stop.

I hope you get flights sorted soon. I feel like a big weight’s been lifted since booking them...having booked my accommodation back in July.

Edited at 01:00 PM.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow, I booked 3A + 1C a few days ago.
PE LGW - MCO + standard SUV (20/10 - 07/11) with BA for £3650, looked today and it’s just under £4900, good decision I think?