Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nbuchan
Very Serious Dibber

nbuchan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
Hello all,

I've been lurking on these forums for the past couple of months as I've been attempting to arrange my holiday for October. Very helpful information and people so a retrospective thank you for that.

I saw some people mentioning about flying from Scotland. Whilst I'm not strictly half term, my dates are October 4th to 24th. I booked my accommodation in July however, managed to bag a fly drive with BA for 2 adults and 2 children from GLA-GAT then GAT-MCO including large (Cat W) SUV for £1996 rtn.

I had originally wanted to fly Virgin direct from Glasgow but the prices I'd been seeing were ridiculous. I'm pretty happy with the price for the fly drive. The return leg is a code share with Aer Lingus MCO-DUB and then DUB-GLA. As it was a code share I couldn't reserve seats on the site however gave them a phone and they booked me suitable seats straight away and at no extra cost, unlike BA. Very happy with their customer service.
I’ve been trying to find out how to book the via Dub flights with BA. What Aer Lingus Number did you call to book?
Old 3 Jan 19, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I booked the Dublin flights from the BA site however, the booking number I called at Aer Lingus was 0333 004 5000. I was quite impressed with their reservations team on the phone. They gave me an Aer Lingus booking reference for my flights with them, which was different from the one supplied by BA and then booked in my seats from there.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nbuchan
Very Serious Dibber

nbuchan's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by DJSwitch View Post
I booked the Dublin flights from the BA site however, the booking number I called at Aer Lingus was 0333 004 5000. I was quite impressed with their reservations team on the phone. They gave me an Aer Lingus booking reference for my flights with them, which was different from the one supplied by BA and then booked in my seats from there.
Sorry I worded that wrong, I meant to book seats when we had booked the flights via the BA site. Thanks
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DJSwitch
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by nbuchan View Post
Sorry I worded that wrong, I meant to book seats when we had booked the flights via the BA site. Thanks
Sorry. I should have worded mine better as well. That number was the number I used to book seats. Once through I selected "option 2". It is the general reservations line but they were able to book my seats once I'd booked through the BA website. They also gave me the Aer Lingus specific reference number for calling back in future for any amendments as BA don't supply that to you when you book with them.
DJSwitch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Queen of Herts
Imagineer

Queen of Herts's Reviews
Booked today with BA including hotel on Club Level on International Drive 13/10 for 10 nights £1504 for 2 adults. Very happy.
Queen of Herts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I didn’t book anything yet and now I’m put off using an online agent and the BA prices are on the rise 😭😭
Old 4 Jan 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Pupbelly
Very Serious Dibber

Thumbs up

We're all booked. Been watching PE rates for a while and jumped on two BA World Traveler Plus direct seats Gatwick to MCO for £1666 (£833 each return). These have 2x 23kgs plus 1 handbag/laptop bag, plus 1 additional cabin bag which can be up to 23kg too! That's cheaper than our Virgin PE flights two years ago!

Villa booked via Debbies Villas
Car booked via DFCH
Disney tickets booked direct £375/ticket less QuidCo cashback (£15 per ticket)
Discovery Cove booked via Orlando Ticket Deals
Travel Insurance via Direct Line

Edited at 02:04 PM.
Pupbelly is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by OllieT View Post
I didn’t book anything yet and now I’m put off using an online agent and the BA prices are on the rise 😭😭
I was starting to feel the same. I was looking on skyscanner daily and prices were as high indirect (within my time / overlay parameters) as those that I ended up booking. The guy at dialaflight said they had expected flights to drop by now but have seen no sight of it happening. I've read lots of stories too where people have booked not realising seats and bags are extra, which seems so unfair its not clearer.

I do wonder if more people are travelling than usual as I logged into to Virgin to see if I wanted to change the seats he'd allocated us and there was a lot of seats that were showing as already reserved.

Don't give up, I'm sure things will change soon. Best of luck

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Booked! £577 each
LGW - MCO
MCO - LHR via MIA

Includes 23kg luggage

£35 more than last week 😭 so caved
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I can't believe I'm now looking forward to the end of the BA sale in the hope of prices changing/reducing a bit. I wish I'd been able to keep on top of the flight prices when they were released but there was just too much occurring in the family during that time. I did manage to check a couple of times and the prices were definitely lower then than they are now. I fear we're going to have to take a hit on the flight prices this time - just means that something has to be deducted from our plans.