Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 27 Dec 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

The ABC murders ... Poirot ...

Well the first episode has been on and to be honest i was disappointed ,i'm a Agatha Christie fan and was so excited as the story is an amazing and very clever one,but for me i was disappointed in the poirot ,his charactor and personality was wrong,his accent was strange and he spoke so slowly at times it was weird ? and he just didn't have the etiquette like David Suchet had ... anyone else felt slightly deflated ?
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t like the different Poirot either but we quite enjoyed it on the whole.
Rupert Grint is a proper grown up! 😱

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

I didn't like it at first but warmed to it. Thought the prostitute thing was never needed, not in the book, so why put it in the programme... shock maybe ?
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
I think the trouble is Suchet was Poirot so any adaptations now have to have some quirk to it to make it different. But then you lose the essence of what Christie wrote in the first place. We have recorded it and will give it a go. But John Malkovich is not Christie’s version of Poirot.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

What a pile of 💩🤣
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We watched the first 30 mins and switched it off.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Absolute rubbish lasted 30 mins then switched it off though it was just me
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

We’ve watched the first and will try to watch the other two, like other previous BBC adaptations it’s so much darker than other versions that have been done before. Agatha Christie wrote books that were very easy to read with Poirot a slightly comical figure. John Malkovitch portrays a very different Poirot, one who is struggling with demons and self doubt... and killing Japp off and no Hastings... this version is quite gloomy...
Tbh I’m not sure I like it but will try and watch to the end

I watched all 3 episodes and the final verdict was that I enjoyed it... all the ends were tied and a lot of the character of Poirot explained, he gained dimensions...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 09:32 AM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Not great reviews from the dibbled then. We have it recorded so yet to watch.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It was ok, you have to watch it and not think Piorot, there was lots of bits that were different.