Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 Dec 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

BWV or BCV

Our 7 month booking window is on Thursday so we were planning on changing our Jambo studio to a standard view at BWV, however there isn’t any availability. A garden/pool view at BWV is only 1 point less than standard view BCV and as we’ve never stayed at the Beach Club I quite like the idea of staying here. Which would you choose? It’s worth mentioning that there will only be my husband and I.
Old 29 Dec 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
Our 7 month booking window is on Thursday so we were planning on changing our Jambo studio to a standard view at BWV, however there isn’t any availability. A garden/pool view at BWV is only 1 point less than standard view BCV and as we’ve never stayed at the Beach Club I quite like the idea of staying here. Which would you choose? It’s worth mentioning that there will only be my husband and I.
You've stayed at BWV before? If not I'd stay there probably but it's a wash.
If I can't get standard BWV next time (points saving too good to turn down), I'm staying in BCV next time simply because I've stayed in BWV.
They are both wonderful. I think BWV is a bit more adult orientated.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

It's personal choice, for me it's BCV as I just prefer the feeling of it. IMO BCV has a more laid back ambience whereas I find BWV more austere. I prefer the quiet pool at BCV and like the location of the villas away from the main BC hotel, and so close to Epcot. SAB is another pull but not a deciding factor for us anymore, now the kids are older - although it was a big deciding factor in buying there many years ago with a 6 year old and one on the way, now 23 & 16 tomorrow!

Neither is a bad choice, BWV is fewer points, many prefer the pool there and it's a slightly shorter walk to DHS.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Siobhan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
You've stayed at BWV before? If not I'd stay there probably but it's a wash.
If I can't get standard BWV next time (points saving too good to turn down), I'm staying in BCV next time simply because I've stayed in BWV.
They are both wonderful. I think BWV is a bit more adult orientated.
We have stayed at BW but at the inn, not the villas. My husband loves the location so much that he would gladly offload his AK points for BW/BC.
Old 29 Dec 18, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I like BWV because you are in the main building. At Beach Club it’s a separate annex. It doesn’t matter to some people but I didn’t like that. I didn’t like WLV for the same reason but we are going to try copper Creek.

The pool at BCV is more elaborate and like a small water park. It depends if that is a plus for you.

We’ve stayed at boardwalk since our youngest was 4. I’ve never felt it wasn’t kid friendly. It’s our home away from home and I’ve always felt completely at ease there.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I've stayed in both and I prefer Beach Club, I think it has a better vibe and is more compact. I've only stayed at BWV once and the room was so far from the lobby. I left something in the car and it took over 20 minutes to get it and get back to the room that put me off.

Having said that, I would have booked it for next summer had I not managed to get BCV as I wanted an Epcot location.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

We prefer BCV too having stayed at both.

BWV was too busy and noisy for us. We prefer the villas pool at BCV and like the quiet and exclusive vibe of the separate building.
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
We prefer BCV too having stayed at both.

BWV was too busy and noisy for us. We prefer the villas pool at BCV and like the quiet and exclusive vibe of the separate building.
I also think the walk into Epcot is closer

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
I also think the walk into Epcot is closer
Definitely, it's a really short stroll from BCV to international gateway, not that it's far from BWV, our last room at BWV did give us a much shorter walk to DHS though as we were about 3 miles away from reception!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 18, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

The shortcut from BCV to Epcot is excellent. We ended up taking the boat to DHS this tome as the path has been re-routed through building work.