Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 31 Dec 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Universal annual pass-sorry!

Apologies, I realise this has been asked before but can someone explain it to me like I’m 5.

Just booked to go to universal in August 2019. First date would be 25th. Definitely doing a 3 week trip in 2020 August.

How much extra are the annual passes to a standard 3 park ticket?

Read about upgrading once there at will call? If I upgrade on last day of holiday is it a year from that date or when I first used tickets 2019?

What dates would I have to travel 2020 to make it pay annually (is there an overlap?) or would it be before 25th August 2020 ?

Any help much appreciated.

Happy new year!
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

If you upgrade a UK pass your expiry date for the annual should be first use of the UK pass. AP's are valid 365 days so in 2020 you would get park entry up to 25th Aug.

3 park annual premier are $734+tax 3 park annual preferred $504+tax.

The preferred has volcano blocked

Jul. 1 – Aug. 18, 2019, before 4pm

Jul. 1 – Aug. 16, 2020, before 4pm
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for that, becoming clearer.

So, if I buy my normal tickets this year (off say attraction tickets direct for example), I could upgrade these in park on last day to annual pass ?

Would the year be from that date or first activation?

What is cost of upgrading prepaid tickets from uk?

Many thanks
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

We bought annual pass to start with as it was cheaper.
Bought online and collected when we arrived they are active from the Forst day you collect.

We paid £1000 give or take a few ££ for 3 normal and 1 premier as the premier gives you free parking.

This was just the 2 park as we didn’t need the 3 park as we had water parks with seaworld tickets.

If I remember they are $284 and $384 for premier.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle x
Very Serious Dibber

Belle x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Scuttler01 View Post
Thanks for that, becoming clearer.

So, if I buy my normal tickets this year (off say attraction tickets direct for example), I could upgrade these in park on last day to annual pass ?

Would the year be from that date or first activation?

What is cost of upgrading prepaid tickets from uk?

Many thanks
We have the Seasonal annual passes.
We upgraded our 14 day tickets on our November 2017 trip & it cost approx $60 for the 2.
Your 365 days will start from the first day you use your ‘normal’ tickets - so if that is the 25th August 2019, your annual passes will expire on 25th August 2020.

Next Trip - Pop & Endless Summer - August 2024
Belle x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the help,

I think I'll buy in UK before going and then look at upgrading once out there *if* I have sorted 2020 dates out...
Old 6 Jan 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We upgraded to 1 Preferred (for parking and discounts) and 3 Seasonal in June.
Seasonal were free as what we had paid for UK-based tickets was slightly more than value of AP.
I was expecting to pay around the $80 mark for the preferred (as per previous info from Guest Services)
Girl at G.S. at IOA did this one for free too.

I used the saving to buy some merchandise at the Universal Store in CityWalk, though.
So they still got the money
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JP81 View Post
We upgraded to 1 Preferred (for parking and discounts) and 3 Seasonal in June.
Seasonal were free as what we had paid for UK-based tickets was slightly more than value of AP.
I was expecting to pay around the $80 mark for the preferred (as per previous info from Guest Services)
Girl at G.S. at IOA did this one for free too.

I used the saving to buy some merchandise at the Universal Store in CityWalk, though.
So they still got the money
So if buying in UK, how does universal work out what extra to charge for annual pass? Is it a flat rate or dependant on where tickets from and how much it was sold for (how would they know this?).

Many thanks
Old 10 Jan 19, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scuttler01 View Post
So if buying in UK, how does universal work out what extra to charge for annual pass? Is it a flat rate or dependant on where tickets from and how much it was sold for (how would they know this?).

Many thanks
So there is a set price for the 3 park ticket they have in their system and they then work out the difference between that and the annual pass. It makes no difference what you pay in terms of if you have a discount on the base price etc its just based on the price they have for the 3 park 14 day ticket on their system.

For us it was quoted at around $150 for upgrade to the 3 park one with free parking (premium I think it is) or what worked out with tax at around $70 for the Seasonal (no parking discount or discount on dining). The new policy (brought in around September time last year) is that you can only upgrade 3 park to 3 park annual even if you haven't used the 3 park aspect of the ticket. Prior to this you used to get great deals as could get passes for just a few bucks. Occasionally people find a CM who doesn't know you can't go 3 park to 2 park annual and have given them out since September but I believe this hasn't been reported for awhile now so I think the new policy has been cascaded.
Old 10 Jan 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Interesting thread - I too cannot make my mind up whether to get an AP of just a UK ticket and upgrade.