Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 10 Jan 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Decisions! I need an afternoon comparing prices I think...
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Just to add...

Let’s say I buy tickets here, upgrade to annuals this August and then in 2020 decide to stay in one of the three hotels which offer FOLP - how would that tie into my annual passes?
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Scuttler01 View Post
Just to add...

Let’s say I buy tickets here, upgrade to annuals this August and then in 2020 decide to stay in one of the three hotels which offer FOLP - how would that tie into my annual passes?
The FOLP is linked to your room key, your AP would get you into the park but showing the room key gets you in the Express Line.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Great! Thanks for that!
Old 17 Jan 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Sorry to jump on- Interesting thread as I'm going August (just bought 2 week pass) and going back Xmas (in Disney) but wouldn't mind access to Universal at Xmas also. Appreciate I will have to buy the preferred AP to use at Xmas. Any ideas how much it would cost PP to upgrade roughly?

Edited at 10:55 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Sorry to jump on- Interesting thread as I'm going August (just bought 2 week pass) and going back Xmas (in Disney) but wouldn't mind access to Universal at Xmas also. Appreciate I will have to buy the preferred AP to use at Xmas. Any ideas how much it would cost PP to upgrade roughly?
When I went in November I found the cost of my UK ticket on the UK Universal site, and then worked it out roughly in $.

I then found the corresponding AP price on the Universal website and worked out the difference which was a good indication.

It was slightly more when I got there as I didn't factor in the tax AND they probably value your ticket at less than it should be/use a crappy exchange rate lol
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The website is giving an extra 6 months on annual passes at the moment so it would be worth asking if you buy now will it only start of first day of use giving 18 months from your hols.
Also worth getting the annual pass that gives the free parking and early park entry as it is not a lot more. In theory you only need one pass at that level, but if you want the early entry everyone needs it.

Also worth looking at the pay monthly option they do. These spread the cost and have the advantage of being monthly after the first year, so if you were going a 2nd time just outside a year you can do the monthly for the first year then cancel once you have your 2nd trip the next year. The disadvantage of the monthly scheme is you do not get a discount on renewal, but this can be outweighed by being able to cancel after the initial 12 months whenever you want.#

EDIT:
Just checked the lower passes are only 3 months extra but preferred with free parking is 6 months. But must be activated by 4th April.

And from 1st use normally so you holiday would need to be within 12 months to work with an upgrade. Hence the pay monthly might be a better option if you cannot get it within the 12 month window as you could cancel after 13 months and only pay for the 1 month extra.

Edited at 03:44 PM.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JP81
Imagineer

JP81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
The website is giving an extra 6 months on annual passes at the moment so it would be worth asking if you buy now will it only start of first day of use giving 18 months from your hols.
Also worth getting the annual pass that gives the free parking and early park entry as it is not a lot more. In theory you only need one pass at that level, but if you want the early entry everyone needs it.

Also worth looking at the pay monthly option they do. These spread the cost and have the advantage of being monthly after the first year, so if you were going a 2nd time just outside a year you can do the monthly for the first year then cancel once you have your 2nd trip the next year. The disadvantage of the monthly scheme is you do not get a discount on renewal, but this can be outweighed by being able to cancel after the initial 12 months whenever you want.#

EDIT:
Just checked the lower passes are only 3 months extra but preferred with free parking is 6 months. But must be activated by 4th April.

And from 1st use normally so you holiday would need to be within 12 months to work with an upgrade. Hence the pay monthly might be a better option if you cannot get it within the 12 month window as you could cancel after 13 months and only pay for the 1 month extra.
Also 50% up front cost to start.
3rd level Pass, "Preferred" with free parking AND 10% Discount on Dining and Merchandise is worth paying slightly more.
May 2023 Rosen Int'l
JP81 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JP81 View Post
Also 50% up front cost to start.
3rd level Pass, "Preferred" with free parking AND 10% Discount on Dining and Merchandise is worth paying slightly more.
Agreed. We have the preferred and you only need to park there a couple of times to get the difference back. This alo give early park entry the same as staying at a Universal Hotel, so also allows you to stay at a cheaper I-drive hotel and still get into the park early. But you all need the preferred pass to take advantage of that. So we all have
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So, on universal site right now...

We will be staying at a universal hotel (one which gives free FOLP).

I can buy4 adult 3-Park Seasonal Annual Pass + 3 Months Free for $1721 (approx £1315).
First day use this year is August 28 2019 so I cannot activate and get the 3 months extra free, but we will be going back and using August 24th 2020 - so I get 24th, 25th, 26th, 27th (&28th? )within this ticket...

Have I got it right?
Don’t need car parking as mentioned above staying onsite...

Am I missing a trick or does that sound ok? Priced up uk 3 park explorers and around the £1116 mark so I’m paying approx £200 more but can use for both my upcoming trips in 2019 and 2020 on all 3 parks (blockout dates look ok)...

Any guidance appreciated 🤪