Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 3 Jan 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

NYE, Before and after whats it like

Hi There

We have been thinking of going for years now on NYE but something always comes up
Looking at perhaps going for 2020, thinking of booking soon so something is in place and its definite

Has anyone been at this time of year ?
We are not sure whether to go a couple of days before, NYE & NYD or NYE our first night then NYD and a few days after

Anyone any idea what the crowds are like ? Before would be better for us and if crowds not different not an issue but if crowds are less after NYE think we would prefer that...

Know its a how long is a piece of string question and no one knows how busy it will be but we went once for Christmas thinking it would be hectic on the day but Christmas eve and day were not at all busy but boxing day was rammed, so just after peoples experience really
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Basing it on what I've seen from people's reports on this year's crowds there doesn't seem to have been much of a difference crowd wise between before NYE and after - it's been pretty solidly manic the whole time.

NYE and the days around it will be some of the busiest of the year but I think it's something I would love to experience just once.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been watching Ingham family of five on you tube as they are there now and arrived NYE or day before I think. They do daily vlogs but I only watch when they go on their Disney trips lol.
They did the NYE party I think they paid extra for this.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

The days immediately around New Year are always very busy. Beyond that it'll depend when schools go back. This year it seems a lot of schools don't go back until Monday which has extended the heavy crowds into this entire week.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I’ve been watching Ingham family of five on you tube as they are there now and arrived NYE or day before I think. They do daily vlogs but I only watch when they go on their Disney trips lol.
They did the NYE party I think they paid extra for this.
You do know that the dad of the Ingham family was found to be sending messages to teen girls. If you google Chris Ingham the news stories come up
Old 6 Jan 19, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pennycrayon View Post
You do know that the dad of the Ingham family was found to be sending messages to teen girls. If you google Chris Ingham the news stories come up
I had read a little about this, I used to watch them more but after incident I stopped. I only like seeing their children taking in Disney and their reactions.
I hadn’t realised it had been proved though I thought it was just alleged so that is new info! Thanks.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I had read a little about this, I used to watch them more but after incident I stopped. I only like seeing their children taking in Disney and their reactions.
I hadn’t realised it had been proved though I thought it was just alleged so that is new info! Thanks.
No problem, there are numerous girls that have now came forward. It’s disgusting they are still allowed to be on you tube with no controls. Really feel sorry for the children.
Old 6 Jan 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by pennycrayon View Post
No problem, there are numerous girls that have now came forward. It’s disgusting they are still allowed to be on you tube with no controls. Really feel sorry for the children.
I feel sorry for the kids too. And another on the way! Poor kids.
Old 7 Jan 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for your replies...

Really thinking about booking as would love to start a new year off in my favorite place but maybe before if there really is no difference as not feeling very Christmassy anymore at home and think maybe would be the same there

Thanks again

Was watching the Ingham family on youtube but thanks to the info don't think I will be watching again...
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

We went lat year 28th Dec 2017 - 2nd Jan 2018. It was busy the whole time. When we checked out of the Cheyenne the check in line was out of the door. I think they had some promotion so just after New Years but before the Christmas season was over was really cheap.

We still had an amazing time and I would go for NYE again, but I would definitely NOT pay for the NYE party. The events in the studios and village were free and looked just as fun. They sell too may tickets and you cannot move or enjoy the events - you have to get a spot for the NYE parade 1 hour early and a spot for the fireworks over 1 hour before. You really don't have time for anything else that evening! We went a few years ago and they had fantastic celebrations in the studios for free.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List