Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
My son and his fiancée are in Tokyo at the moment, they flew out on New Years Eve for 18 nights and are loving it at the moment.

They booked flights through Skyscanner with Lufthansa and Air Nippon, they said the flights out was outstanding. They are staying in an Airbnb in Tokyo and are catching the bullet train to Kyoto in the middle of their stay for a few days in a hotel there before returning to the Airbnb in Tokyo. They are visiting Disney Under the Sea Park on Monday I think. They also have tickets for the Studio Ghibli museum and lots of other great plans. They have said that the trains are very easy to use. They are struggling a little ordering food as they cannot speak Japanese and very little English is spoken, but they are getting by and enjoying their trip so far
I’ll be interested to hear how busy they found DisneySea as that’s the only park we intend going to. I am trying to learn some basic Japanese - I have mastered about 10 words and 2 questions so far.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
I’ll be interested to hear how busy they found DisneySea as that’s the only park we intend going to. I am trying to learn some basic Japanese - I have mastered about 10 words and 2 questions so far.
I think they can speak about that much too, they did try a little before they went but it is such a difficult language to learn. As food is expensive there, they are buying some food at the 7/11s and eating at their Airbnb for some meals. They have eaten at a few ramen restaurants too.

I am hoping Disney Seas won’t be too busy at this time of year for them. I have tried explaining what I know of the fast pass system there but I don’t know if they really listened 😂 . They came with us to Florida last year when we only visited Universal as we were only there 5 days before flying up to New York, and they loved it there but have never been to Disney before. I will let you know how they get on
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List