Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Jan 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Help - updated with outcome

so I spoke to travelex today about where the money was to find out it had been bounced back to them from bank of America as they were unable to locate the account from the information given. I have checked the information bank of America have included on the email and it all looks correct to the info that I was given, Travelex have advised that they will try and resend if I can let them know what to amend but as everything looks ok I have no idea what to amend ! I currently have an email out to the title company but has anyone else had this problem or tried to make a payment to TRCS? I have no idea what to currently do.

Edited at 08:38 PM.
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Sorry to hear you’re still having problems. I hope you get some answers soon!
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I've gone back to the closing company who are saying everything is correct - they are trying to get hold of the bank to find out the problem waiting for them to come back to me :-(
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

Did you send it with the Swift option (the equivalent of wire) - I think it cost a bit more (£7 - £10 IIRC). If you did not select this option it will be sent by ACH and this will be rejected. If you did send by Swift it should be there in 24-48 hours.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 19, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

no original order wasn't sent by SWIFT although still advised it was a wire. Also TRCS provided an ACH number so I actually think they accept them. TRCS have confirmed details are correct and after enquiring with their bank have no knowledge of it. Have taken Escrow account off the beneficiary and we are trying it again. Fingers crossed although I am suspecting it will be done on Monday now :-( I have asked for it to be resent swift.
Old 5 Jan 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm sorry but I'm not much help on this. Not sure if the problem is with FAT, their bank or what, but I've never had any issue using HiFX, just filled it in online and it's just worked first time, but I've never gone through one with FAT (as you know my FAT contract was taken).
So I'm at a loss, it shouldn't be this hard and I really hope you get it sorted on time.
Old 5 Jan 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
no original order wasn't sent by SWIFT although still advised it was a wire. Also TRCS provided an ACH number so I actually think they accept them. TRCS have confirmed details are correct and after enquiring with their bank have no knowledge of it. Have taken Escrow account off the beneficiary and we are trying it again. Fingers crossed although I am suspecting it will be done on Monday now :-( I have asked for it to be resent swift.
This is the issue and I had it in my transaction as well. They say it's a wire fund but as it comes in from a local bank as ACH the title company rejects it. It should come back to you soon and you do need to select SWIFT when you resend it. I'd be hyperventilating if it was my money so I do feel for you. Hope it gets resolved quickly.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

honestly it been going round since 28th December ! The title company in this case is TRCS and to be honest they have given me a code to use if its an ACH payment so I'm not sure that they don't accept them. Travelex confirmed that it was back with them. I don't get to resend it they do that I have just had to advise them what to change. As TRCS are stating that the account numbers etc are all correct the only thing I have been able to do is alter the beneficiary slightly from TRCS Inc Escrow account to TRCS Inc on the advice of TRCS's bank. I have given a swift code and requested that it is sent swift but I have no idea what they will do as I can't get confirmation of it and don't even know if its been resent or not as they couldn't confirm if it would be sent Friday or Monday.

I can honestly say that this has been the worst part of the process up to now far more stressful than ROFR.

I went with Travelex as a few people seemed to have successfully managed to transfer the money via them and they had a slightly better rate than Hifx. If it doesn't go through this time may have to have the money sent back to me and go with another company. I have to say I have spoken to Travelex A LOT! over the last couple of days and whilst I have been able to get hold of them it is really difficult to get any resolution to issues with them or even get them to confirm the action they will take. For example I asked them on Friday if it would be sent Wire even though the original transaction wasn't ordered as wire and the response was
"We have explicitly advised the Operations team that you would like for this to be a SWIFT delivery" which doesn't really confirm that this is how they will send it.
Old 5 Jan 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
honestly it been going round since 28th December ! The title company in this case is TRCS and to be honest they have given me a code to use if its an ACH payment so I'm not sure that they don't accept them. Travelex confirmed that it was back with them. I don't get to resend it they do that I have just had to advise them what to change. As TRCS are stating that the account numbers etc are all correct the only thing I have been able to do is alter the beneficiary slightly from TRCS Inc Escrow account to TRCS Inc on the advice of TRCS's bank. I have given a swift code and requested that it is sent swift but I have no idea what they will do as I can't get confirmation of it and don't even know if its been resent or not as they couldn't confirm if it would be sent Friday or Monday.

I can honestly say that this has been the worst part of the process up to now far more stressful than ROFR.

I went with Travelex as a few people seemed to have successfully managed to transfer the money via them and they had a slightly better rate than Hifx. If it doesn't go through this time may have to have the money sent back to me and go with another company. I have to say I have spoken to Travelex A LOT! over the last couple of days and whilst I have been able to get hold of them it is really difficult to get any resolution to issues with them or even get them to confirm the action they will take. For example I asked them on Friday if it would be sent Wire even though the original transaction wasn't ordered as wire and the response was
"We have explicitly advised the Operations team that you would like for this to be a SWIFT delivery" which doesn't really confirm that this is how they will send it.
Wow it sounds as if this has been such a nightmare for you. I'm really sorry to hear that. My own part of the journey was extremely stressful as well and you're correct, far worse than ROFR as it's your money that's somewhere in the banking system.
I hope you hear very soon and can get this completed
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I’d never heard of TRCS, sounds like they really need to get themselves sorted out if fault rests with their banking system. If not, and it’s Travelex and you cannot get it through maybe try with HiFX as I’ve never had any trouble with them in multiple transfers. I’m hoping you get it sorted quickly whatever is causing it. You want those points for that booking.