Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 5 Jan 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

That bed looks like a huge improvement. I wish they had done that at BWV. Instead they took out the pretty comfortable sofa beds and replaced them with normal ones.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I'm in SSR at the very end of April and beginning of May, I wonder what the chance of requesting and getting a refurbed room is as I really like the look and would love to try one (just like everyone else .
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I'm in SSR at the very end of April and beginning of May, I wonder what the chance of requesting and getting a refurbed room is as I really like the look and would love to try one (just like everyone else .
Virtually none, they may not have started by then and if they have they will only have done a few I imagine.

I’m going Xmas to DVC, if I could get a refurb room I’d definitely stay half the trip at least at SSR but even at Xmas I’m expecting little chance so unless I’m wrong I’m going to try and switch at 7 months, as I only want to stay in SSR now when I get a refurbed room- then it will be one of my 1st choice resorts as we love the walk to DS.
Old 5 Jan 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Virtually none, they may not have started by then and if they have they will only have done a few I imagine.

I’m going Xmas to DVC, if I could get a refurb room I’d definitely stay half the trip at least at SSR but even at Xmas I’m expecting little chance so unless I’m wrong I’m going to try and switch at 7 months, as I only want to stay in SSR now when I get a refurbed room- then it will be one of my 1st choice resorts as we love the walk to DS.
Any preference for which other resort you can get availability at? One of the newer ones for the up to date rooms perhaps? I think the walk to DS can't be beat but that's just me. If I get a cockroach infested room at SSR as someone in the DVC facebook group had I will be changing my opinion (I'm really really hoping that was an anomaly).
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mickey ears on a riding hat... Why have I never thought of that?
Old 5 Jan 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Mickey ears on a riding hat... Why have I never thought of that?
They are everywhere.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Any preference for which other resort you can get availability at? One of the newer ones for the up to date rooms perhaps? I think the walk to DS can't be beat but that's just me. If I get a cockroach infested room at SSR as someone in the DVC facebook group had I will be changing my opinion (I'm really really hoping that was an anomaly).
We are going Xmas, 1 beds, so I will try for a 6 and 5 night split. Boardwalk Standard to save on points but if not possible (likely) will go for Beach Club for a change , and perhaps Wilderness Lodge. Stay after that will be SSR for sure.
Old 5 Jan 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It was meant to start 2018 originally, don’t think it has, so hopefully soon. OKW though was put back about 9 months. I think it will take about 2 years to finish, resort is almost twice the size of OKW.
It looks amazing
Old 5 Jan 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Never! Since 1976 I have always done Motels/Hotels and since 2004 just Disney with 99% being in SSR.

Looking forward to it plus others on here have stayed in the Villa we picked.
Wow really? Yes you will love it! Didn’t I read too that you were Disney cruising for the first time aswell - it’s lots of firsts this year
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Wow really? Yes you will love it! Didn’t I read too that you were Disney cruising for the first time aswell - it’s lots of firsts this year
Sadly we have chopped that cruise. My Wife has issues with her hip that may require an operation so a cruise is not a sensible option. SSR instead.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List