Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jan 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
inflatible pillow. Great for small naps. Colouring with "mini" pens, not full size ones to minimise space. A5 colouring pads work better for space. a power brick and phone with movies downloaded onto it - if you have an old phone these are ideal as "dumb" devices with just movies/cartoons/games on them (we use an old galaxy note 3 with wifi only - no sim card in it). Before a nap just go on an adventure walk to each gate, there is generally something happening - it is better to go for a bigger walk and not nap in the airport, rather nap on the plane...
Thank you so much for the fab tips!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
It’s funny you should mention those backpacks as we tried ours out for the first time this weekend whilst at the zoo! He was more than happy to wear it which is handy, we may need it in Orlando if he turns out to be a runner!

Thank you so much for the tips, so appreciated and any more you think of would be lovely!
Just came for a read of this thread after you linked it in the other one. Im starting to get really nervous about our plane journey with Edith She does not like staying still

BTW, does Charlie drop to his knees and make you carry him by the handle when he wears his backpack? Edith does all the time and it wears me out
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Fra
Trying for More Ears

I just let our kids run around the terminal going nuts. It helps them sleep on the plane when they are sitting next to us so we get some peace and quiet once on board.

Also helps us pass the time watching from the bar with our drinks as they entertain other passengers in the lounge running around daft.
Fra is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

There is a little soft play area in terminal. We just get there 2 hours before. Have a walk around shops then a play in soft play.
Old 10 Mar 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Llamb could I ask which hotel you stayed at please

Edited at 03:55 PM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

My DD, aged 3, enjoyed running round the plane. I wasn’t happy with her about it, but it wasn’t like she was going to go anywhere contained in a tin tube and our stewards were really great with her, (we were on Thomas Cook from Manchester.)

For entertaining on the plane, we allowed her to take 4 soft toys in her Trunki (useful in the airport and immigration as she was quite happy to sit on it,) and I took a Crayola Colour wonder book for her, which was great as the pens only work in those books, so nice and neat, (even if I did end up doing most of the colouring.) She slept for about 30 mins going out and about 3 hours coming home.

We also used her Trunki for her hand luggage, so in with the toys went a change of clothes, pull ups, (while she is toilet trained, we put her in pull ups for the flights just in case, last thing we wanted was turbulence and a child saying she needed the toilet,) I also packed in there her headphones for when she used my iPad.

Edited at 10:22 PM.
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beddy666
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melvin Pearce View Post
We know that there is a small soft play area in Gatwick South upstairs, so we think there might be one in the North Terminal. Just looked up and there is one in the North Terminal, but not sure where. It also has a TV.

Hope this helps

Melvin and Lesley
This came in handy last year with a 5 1/2 hr delayed Norwegian air flight... kept little one busy for quite a while!
Beddy666 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Pete1
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melvin Pearce View Post
We know that there is a small soft play area in Gatwick South upstairs, so we think there might be one in the North Terminal. Just looked up and there is one in the North Terminal, but not sure where. It also has a TV.

Hope this helps

Melvin and Lesley
There is a soft play area tucked away in the corner near Boots.
Pete1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Mar 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sarah82
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Last year my 2 spent a good few hours playing with the free rubbish toy on the front of the magazine we brought - typical 🙄
sarah82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sarah82 View Post
Last year my 2 spent a good few hours playing with the free rubbish toy on the front of the magazine we brought - typical 🙄
Haha it's always the simplest things that keep them entertained!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List