Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jan 19, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

On honeymoon in typhoon lagoon dh said “ I’m gonna ride the next wave all the way in...meet me on the shore”.so the wave comes along and he rides it ... all th way to 3 feet in front of me 😂
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Not me and not quite WDW but...

Me and my husband were at Premium Outlets and were in our last shop of the visit which was North Face. After being all round the outlet we were completely worn out by the number of store assistants who ask ‘are you doing ok there?’ or ‘do you need any help?’ and had thoroughly reached the end of our rope with it.

Chris tried on a jacket in North Face and an assistant came over and said ‘are you alright there sir?’. The straw that broke the camels back, Chris snapped ‘yes, I’m fine!’.

Only for the assistant to reply

‘If you’re sure sir. It’s just...that IS a ladies coat’

I nearly died laughing and it still cracks me up now.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Not me but on our first trip my husband and I were in the Space Mountain shop during our first few days. We clocked the free badges for the first time. It was a trip for my birthday and his graduation so we were legitimately celebrating. A CM came over and asked what we were celebrating. Apparently my husband went blank but wanted a badge, so he told the girl he'd just proposed. I quickly whipped my hand (resplendant with bashed wedding ring) behind my back lest she think we were at it. Haven't let him forget that one!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Not me but my sister in law was in the wave pool at TL. She didn’t realise that it did what it did and as the boom set the wave off she panicked started to run away, got knocked over by the wave, dragged 30ft then popped up spluttering with her sunglasses washed off, her gel toe nails scrapped off and her boob hanging out of her bikini top! 😂😂 now that was really funny. We’ve been dinning our on that story for years! Especially since it was my DH (her brother) who decided not to tell her there was a giant wave and persuaded her to go in!

Just to add she also loves telling the story!

Kat
I spat a bit of my tea out reading this
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
joe 70
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the reply’s all , had a laugh reading these.Definately planning in more visits to TL this year!
2018 Aurora Villa Virgins/PBH
2019 POR Here we come!
joe 70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 03:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Junogirl1
VIP Dibber

Junogirl1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Not quite in WDW, or even in Orlando, but in 2006 (I was 12) my family, immediate and some extended, went to Daytona Beach for a day out (there was seventeen of us on that trip). We went on the beach and a wave came and took the glasses off my face. Amazingly, that isn’t the daftest thing that I did that day. No, because later on, I would do a Cannonball in the hotel pool-at Daytona.
Now, it’s worth mentioning that I am and always have been rather busty, but small everywhere else. As a 25 year old, my top is a size 18-20 and my bottom is only a size 10-12. So I have to buy my bikinis in two different sizes. And I always have done. By now, you should know where this is going.
So I Cannonball into the pool, forgetting that I was wearing the same size bikini. Not the other size bottoms. And so I come to the surface and begin to climb out. My cousin points out to me that my bikini bottom had floated to the surface. I looked down to the pool and, indeed, I was naked down there. Hastily, I got back in the pool to put my bikini bottom back on. But the damage had already been done.
Thankfully, people remember that day better for a wave taking off my glasses, but I and my cousin remember it for a very different reason.
Old 8 Jan 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by joe 70 View Post
Thanks for the reply’s all , had a laugh reading these.Definately planning in more visits to TL this year!
Haha, the wave pool at TL does seem to give us all a good laugh. I've seen a few swimming costume malfunctions there! 😂

Love these story's!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

I have also lost my bikini top in typhoon lagoon.

It’ll be a one piece on my upcoming trip!
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Cry laughing in Mama Melrose for about 10 minutes uncontrollably. None of us can remember what about.
Every time I looked at one of the kids they laughed and off I went again.
I think the waitress thought I was having a heart attack. She asked i I was ok, and that just set me off again.
I never smile, let alone laugh...I guess it was 30 years worth coming out.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DH put his Oakley prescription sunglasses down on the wall outside the mens loos at Splash Mountain to put his cap on. He didn't pick them up and they went within 1 minute, we knew who took them as there was only 1 man there! I always wonder what he did with them when he realised he couldn't see out of them properly - pig!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List