Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 10 Jan 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

My friends daughter is going with 7 friends they have booked all inclusive at BH Mallorca. Her mum was worried about any of them dropping out so its been agreed that even if they dont go they still have to pay their share of the holiday.
Old 10 Jan 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
My friends daughter is going with 7 friends they have booked all inclusive at BH Mallorca. Her mum was worried about any of them dropping out so its been agreed that even if they dont go they still have to pay their share of the holiday.
I've never heard of BH hotels before, so I looked it up. It has an adult only waterpark and 'legendary' pool parties!

Yes, someone dropping out is what I was worried about too.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jan 19, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mortimer Mouse View Post
I've never heard of BH hotels before, so I looked it up. It has an adult only waterpark and 'legendary' pool parties!

Yes, someone dropping out is what I was worried about too.

I think its an adult only hotel - my boys have finished with with lads holidays - but nothings changed as its all stag do's now. Last year between them they did Benidorm (my sons), Magaluf, Malia and skiing in Austria and Budapest
Old 11 Jan 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Canaries can be VERY hot in summer, if you like that then fine but be aware. I would say the Balearics are a better option. We tend to go to Mallorca at the end of summer as the weather is good and the hotels/areas pretty reasonable. Canaries are better at the end of May early June for weather vs resort waking up or end of september before they start winding down.

For hotel recommendations, we tend to go with Sol/Melia chain, they usually balance location vs resort vs price
im sure 18 year olds want to go peak season for the weather and to ensure the bars/clubs are busy not when winding down?

ive been in august a few times , yes its hot but you just crack on and tbh not up that early so afternoon/early evening sun
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was 16 when I went on holiday for the first time on my own... to Lanzarote with my sister and her friends. We went a good few times after that, all to Puerto Del carmen and we had brilliant holidays. We went to Lanzarote in 2017 and it still had some fab bars with great atmospheres. They were wild in places and how my parents allowed my unruly sister to take my away I don’t know lol. I also went to Magaluf, Tenerife, Kavos, Zante, Santorini, Amsterdam, and when 21 I went to San Francisco and Reno on my own to see a friend.

Hated Magaluf, Zante was ok, Kavos was a great holiday but an utter dump, my best holidays were Lanzarote and Tenerife. For some reason I also felt much safer in the Canaries. Amsterdam was different haha. Santorini was great, a beautiful island and a different sort of party vibe compared to the other Greek islands. Had more of a europeon teen clientele who seemed to be far more laid back & better behaved than the brits we had encountered in other places!

Edited at 09:31 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
I am currently looking for my DD too! For those that say Tenerife (which I think is a great option) - any hotel recommendations?
Avoid Las Piramides .. it’s a total dump and room theft is rife been going on for as long as we’ve been going to Tenerife . I stayed there once never again

Depends on budget and what they want .

Self catering and the Parque Santiago 3 complex is nice and excellent location

All inclusive and there are loads of hotels , the likes of the Columbus and Tyrp are popular with 18/30 crowd
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by kk20 View Post
Canaries can be VERY hot in summer, if you like that then fine but be aware. I would say the Balearics are a better option. We tend to go to Mallorca at the end of summer as the weather is good and the hotels/areas pretty reasonable. Canaries are better at the end of May early June for weather vs resort waking up or end of september before they start winding down.

For hotel recommendations, we tend to go with Sol/Melia chain, they usually balance location vs resort vs price
I’ve been to Tenerife many times in August and it’s hot but it’s not that bad , also been at the end of sept and the weather was as hot as August
Get a hotel with a good pool and it’s fine
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
hols2florida
Very Serious Dibber

It’s been a while since I last went (probably 16 years), but Kardamena in Kos was lovely. It’s not too wild (or wasn’t 16 years ago), but has livelier bars & clubs if you want them. It also used to have quieter bars along the beach where you could chill with a cocktail. Nice beach too.

Edited at 12:17 PM.
hols2florida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lots of good recommendations in this thread already - for what it’s worth my only advice would be AVOID Ibiza.

Expensive, overrated and full of pretentious idiots. It was my first ‘friends’ holiday at 18 and I really didn’t enjoy it.
TigerLily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 19, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Went to Magaluf on my first proper holiday abroad prob aged 17-18. Absolutely hated it so much so it's stupidly put me off Spain since. I've done Tenerife and Gran Canaria since and they were both ok. Drove thro Falaraki en route to Pefkos I can confirm it's still an absolute dump. Went to Alykes in Zante on a girls holiday years ago. Loved it but went to Laganas on a night out couldn't wait to get back to the resort. Just think Sun sex and suscpicious parents. There's loads to do in Amsterdam other than smoking in the bulldog cafes and seeing the red light district. We loved a boat trip and a trip to the church our lady in the attic. Boy is Amsterdam expensive though even for a simple lunch and soft drink.
Greek islands are a good bet just avoiding the rowdy areas if that's not their thing.
Benitses and Kavos Corfu not great. Other areas of Corfu are stunning.
Malia Crete was party central not sure if it still is.
Mykonos not been yet I'm going this year. Expensive and I think older clubbers 😆
Falaraki Rhodes a cess pit.
Laganas & Argassi Kos busy young party resorts.

Edited at 10:59 AM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List