Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

My son and his family, including my then 10-11 month grandson joined my DD and I for a trip. DGS had a wonderful time and while he did a few rides, did not need to. Disney is a very high stimulation environment. Just observing kept him happy and he loved the music. One of the things I loved was my son really got into participating in Disney. He danced, acted and enjoyed himself more than he did as a child.

We stayed onsite and with a small child would not do otherwise.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Magicofdisney
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

Hi, we took our 9month old in September and did all the Disney parks and he (and we) had the best time ever! He absolutely loved meeting the characters and enjoyed lots of the rides. Disney are brilliantly set up for little ones - make use of the Baby care centres which are at each Disney Park as they’re a fab place for feeding/ changing/ escaping the crowds for a while. As others have said, we booked a character breakfast as our little one loved the characters so much. You’ll make the most amazing memories
Magicofdisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahLouise
Excited about Disney

It's great. We went the day after our daughters 1st birthday. We were in Disney for 3 weeks, then took a 2 week transatlantic cruise back to the UK. Best 5 weeks of our lives! We also got married there

Things that helped us - a large sun shade for the buggy and sheepskin liner as this regulates temp and stops them getting sticky and sweaty.

Going back to the hotel in the afternoon for a rest. Parks were no problem at all and she loved walking around exploring and the little rides like Small world and Nemo. We did go to universal and there isn't as much for younger kids at all. But you can do child swap and ride on your own.

Brought our maxi cosi car seat, then chucked it when we got home
SarahLouise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Hurricane86
Trying for More Ears

Thanks very much for everyone's advice. We decided on 5 nights in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation before we move on to the villa. Really happy with the price, now to get planning! Love the sound of character meals, hopefully she won't be too young for parades and fireworks, MNSSHP is on while we're there but I reckon she might be a bit young for that perhaps, we'll see!

Thanks again for everyone's help

Edited at 08:22 PM.
Hurricane86 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Hurricane86
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
We took a 6 month old last April / May

I wrote a trippy about it here

It was an AMAZING holiday and Edith our little girl was just so good and adapted to everything brilliantly.

She loved the character meets and the rides she could go on.

Remember to make use of the Baby Care Centre in each park if you need a break form the park or a quiet place to feed/Change baby. The staff in there cannot do enough for you.

Thank you for the link, I'll have a good read of your trippy!