Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jan 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I had a really great lesson yesterday - I was with a girl who has t skied as much as me but felt exactly the same, crying included! I was so nervous as we went up the chairlift, my Garmin was buzzing at me to calm down as my measured stress level rocketed, but we got down the run, did it a few more times, and tried another run I’d not done before - all without incident. It was a really great day. We wrapped up a bit early as both of our legs were feeling it, and I worried another run would see things go downhill. I had a good stretch in the hot tub but still sore so considering either taking the day out or just doing a couple of runs and then reading my book in the lodge. Thanks again for the moral support.
YEAH

This makes me happy!

DH and i have an agreement that if one of us says we're tired we both stop - and so far our agreement has worked - no big injuries other than me falling of the occasional life ) as skiing when you're tired is a no go!
And a dip in the hot tub is the perfect end to the day.
(we now try to pick hotels with a lovely hot tub rather than a lovely room

Hope that the rest of your days go as smoothly.

(Let us know how you get on xx
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

So glad to hear you are more positive today. My husband’s a bit similar with me and rollercoasters. I get motion sickness but he insisted I try the Hulk. When I threw up, he said it was because I’d eaten too much at breakfast!

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

We’re on our last day of skiing today so I thought I’d update. I’ve had a great week since my lesson gaining in confidence and trying new runs. However, I’ve retired early today after I binned it going over a bumpy bit - I threw my weight back instead of forward and went splat. I took a knock to the head and cracked the back of my helmet and the plastic inside, and I’m not prepared to continue with a broken helmet or no helmet.

Fortunately we’ve got insurance which covers our gear so I might claim for it - though it wasn’t hugely expensive (bought in Canada when it was $2 to £1) and it will be a pain dragging it home to show the insurance company, so might just replace it next time we book a trip.
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

I'm really pleased that it turned into a great week. Sorry to hear about the fall today. Take it easy and enjoy what's left of your time over in Canada.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’re on our last day of skiing today so I thought I’d update. I’ve had a great week since my lesson gaining in confidence and trying new runs. However, I’ve retired early today after I binned it going over a bumpy bit - I threw my weight back instead of forward and went splat. I took a knock to the head and cracked the back of my helmet and the plastic inside, and I’m not prepared to continue with a broken helmet or no helmet.

Fortunately we’ve got insurance which covers our gear so I might claim for it - though it wasn’t hugely expensive (bought in Canada when it was $2 to £1) and it will be a pain dragging it home to show the insurance company, so might just replace it next time we book a trip.
Such good news

So glad you managed to actually enjoy your holiday.

Such a shame about your accident but I hope it hasn't put you off for next time
If I were you i'd just bin it - your excess is probably more than the helmet is worth.

Id also hang on to buy a new one until you go next time with new technology etc.

Safe journey home x x x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Such good news

So glad you managed to actually enjoy your holiday.

Such a shame about your accident but I hope it hasn't put you off for next time
If I were you i'd just bin it - your excess is probably more than the helmet is worth.

Id also hang on to buy a new one until you go next time with new technology etc.

Safe journey home x x x
I took 5 and then skied to the bottom of the run so it hasn’t put me off. My excess is £25 but I don’t think I can be bothered with the hassle. Gonna check my credit card statement from when we were in Whistler to check the price but I’m pretty sure it worked out about £70, so not worth a claim.
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

To be honest, if I can I would like to embrace the skiing. I’ve enjoyed it before so hopefully I can again. Hubby embraces my love of Florida and goes along with things he doesn’t totally love for my benefit - so I really want to try.

I don’t even know what I’m frightened of. I don’t think it’s falling over as I’m the clumsiest person going, so spend a lot of time bumping into things and picking myself off the floor.
I admire your attitude as regards your husband embracing your love of Florida etc. However does he get stressed over it like skiing is stressing you?
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

My husband is a boarder. He can ski but he’s no better than me.

Thanks for the advice, sympathy etc. We will see how today goes. My brother told me I need to relax and switch off, but he knows I really struggle with that in every aspect of life... he even said if I lived in the US I’d probably be medicated, ha!
I live in the UK and am medicated - on anti-depressants, have had counselling, Cognitive Behavioural therapy.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

Kate, So happy that your week worked out well, and it brought a smile to our faces when you put "so might just replace it next time we book a trip"

Have a good journey home

Lesley and Melvin