Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Jan 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Centre Parcs Elveden

Hi, I’m going in May to the above for Ds’s 11th Birthday and taking two of his friends to celebrate, so me, his Dad and 3 11 year old boys

We have never done Centre parcs before. After booking the actual break, it encouraged me to book all activities, meals etc. Is this really necessary to do now? We go the end of the half term so 31st May to 2nd. Supposed to leave 3rd but they are back to school then, so leaving late on second.

We will have a sauna, are these nice there? Any tips greatly received Thanks
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
discoclare
Excited about Disney

I have never been to Elveden but we have been three times in last three years to Woburn Forest. I would strongly suggest booking popular activities (and bikes if you are hiring) and popular restaurants during half term as things do get booked up and you may not get choice of times. Some things don't need booking, the website should give you some hints.
It may be different at Elveden to Woburn but the things we did last time and booked in advance were:
-bike hire (probably not necessary to book in advance),
-aerial challenge for OH and DD aged 8 (probably do need to book in advance)
-dinner at Hucks (best to book in advance for time you want, but will probably get in if flexible)
-off road mini explorers (for DD aged 5, your boys are too old) would recommend to book in advance for small group things like this
We also did the following booked after arrival:
-bear stuffing for younger DD (couldn't get time we wanted as booked after arrival)
-ate in sports bar (booking not necessary, walk ups fine)
-mini golf (couldn't do a walk up, but got a time quite close to what we wanted)
-peddalo (sp?) (got a walk up)

Unfortunately girls couldn't do the horse ride they have done before as we didn't book in advance and all times were taken.

Hope that helps. It will very much depend what activities you plan on. You son's friends are very lucky. I would love to do something like this for a treat when my girls get a bit older!
discoclare is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

We go to Sherwood regularly. Apart from the sports bar, all the other restaurants get full very quickly, when booking you pay a small deposit (maybe £5?) per person and you get that off the bill at the end. We've always got stuff like mini golf and bowling either walk-up or a few hours later, but if you're interested in the spa I hear that gets booked up quite quickly.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We go about three times a year. As above the popular activities do get booked up.
It also starts to get quite expensive if you do loads.

I would go on the website and have a look at all the activities and pick a few they would be interested in doing.

You can book now and (check the dates/times) I think you can cancel up to 72 hours before without being charged.

There is a sauna in the spa (actually about 10 or so) but you have to pay for it. It’s actually really good, it’s called world of spas and you go around and do different temperature heat rooms.

There are jacuzzi’s in the pool area which is free. My children our younger but we mostly just do the pool and ride bikes.

We don’t usually eat out as take all our own food. But again as others have said you would need to book restaurants if you want popular times.

Elveden is lovely, definitely do some of the activities on the lake. I’m sure you can fish on the lake too. And the beach area is nice.
The zip line goes right across the lake and it quite fun to watch people doing it.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Thank you so much for all your replies. Absolutely fantastic The accommodation has a sauna with it so I won’t be using the spa ( I had to justify it lol).

Myself and DS have gone through the activities and he really wants to do the Ariel trekking thing and the Lasar tag. I’m a bit uncertain about the Ariel trekking as two of the boys are not mine and I’m worried of accidents etc if they don’t listen to instructions. That’s probably me being a bit OCD Right, off I trot back to the booking
Thanks again
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

What a lucky boy your Son is! My Daughter would love a birthday party like this. I haven't done CP before but am always thinking about it - can you post back and let us know how it was? Might help me to convince DH!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry just re-read your post doh!
Yes we have had lodges with a sauna in and another with an infrared sauna.
One was inside the lodge, the other outside.
Quite easy, just turn in on about 20 min before you want to use it. Then you can make it hotter by adding water to the coals.
The outdoor one had a cold shower next to it too.
So you will have maid service each day. And you get a basic cleaning kit.
I always take an extra tea towel, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, wipes. Then depending on if you are cooking some foil, cling film, baking paper. The kitchen is quite well equipped.
The on site shop is pretty good although more expensive. Think spar etc prices.
Enjoy, we love centre parcs
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
What a lucky boy your Son is! My Daughter would love a birthday party like this. I haven't done CP before but am always thinking about it - can you post back and let us know how it was? Might help me to convince DH!
To be honest he keeps hugging me and saying thank you which he’s NEVER done before lol. I will report back. I’m hoping we have a summer like last year as woodland and rain don’t mix well with me

Originally Posted by LLamb View Post
Sorry just re-read your post doh!
Yes we have had lodges with a sauna in and another with an infrared sauna.
One was inside the lodge, the other outside.
Quite easy, just turn in on about 20 min before you want to use it. Then you can make it hotter by adding water to the coals.
The outdoor one had a cold shower next to it too.
So you will have maid service each day. And you get a basic cleaning kit.
I always take an extra tea towel, washing up liquid, kitchen roll, wipes. Then depending on if you are cooking some foil, cling film, baking paper. The kitchen is quite well equipped.
The on site shop is pretty good although more expensive. Think spar etc prices.
Enjoy, we love centre parcs
Thank you oh and did you take logs for the fire?
Old 14 Jan 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
To be honest he keeps hugging me and saying thank you which he’s NEVER done before lol. I will report back. I’m hoping we have a summer like last year as woodland and rain don’t mix well with me

Thank you oh and did you take logs for the fire?
You’re only meant to use the ones they sell but yes you could take your own. I think you can get them in wilko. It is quite nice to have the fire going in the evening.