Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Onceuponadreamx
Helping Donald

Mid Sept.. terrible idea!?

Hey!

So our first trip to WDW was Feb 2017... it was pretty bloody hot (I'm a paper white ginger!) We're looking to come back this September (7th Sep for 2 weeks) for our anniversary & HHN/MNSSHP but I'm a tiny bit terrified that I'm going to melt as soon as we leave the hotel!

I'm normally a hair styled, makeup kinda gal, but I've already accepted I'm going to scare more kids than Maleficent herself on this trip by leaving my beloved makeup at home. Is it really going to be unbearable? I'm type 1 diabetic so will naturally be keeping an eye on my blood sugars, making sure I'm eating regularly and drinking splash mountain dry.. but do many of you recommend going over this period or maybe reconsidering later in the year? I'm hoping we're picking a less busy time of year to do the halloween stuff but I'm just concerned it's gonna be too hot to have fun!
Onceuponadreamx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Crowd levels are generally good at this time but yes it’s hot. It can be wet which helps a bit with the heat but it can be really, really hot. I’ve never been in February so don’t know what typical temperatures are but I’m going to assume cooler than September. You just need to drink plenty and make sure to take lots of air conditioned breaks.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
rosiebun3
Apprentice Imagineer

rosiebun3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We were there from the 6 th September for 15 nights and it was as hot as August with less rain. DH didn’t cope well and ended up in hospital with dehydration.
I am also fair and had skin cancer last year so now have to be very careful. Used factor 50 and a hat and I was fine, no sunburn.
Make use of every opportunity to walk in shade or air con. Go back to hotel in middle of day and cool down. You will be fine. Crowds are lower so that is a bonus.
Also with diabetes you should qualify for a DAS pass; as standing in line in heat might affect your blood sugars. We had one for DD and it was great.
Old 16 Jan 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It was very hot then last year, in the 30s and high humidity too. Crowds may be higher this year too
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
It was very hot then last year, in the 30s and high humidity too. Crowds may be higher this year too
I think crowds are anticipated to be lower as people hold off for Star Wars.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Dont forget it's also hurricane season at that time of year to
2016 Boardwalk Villas
2015 Pop Century
2014 Old Key West
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We go every September , great time to go, it’s not quiet and some days are a lot busier , like mnssshp days ,and Halloween horror nights at universal, also it’s the food and wine festival at Epcot and that gets super busy especially at weekends.
The weather is hot and humid, and this September was hitting well above average temperatures , over a hundred degrees, the hottest we’ve had it there for a few years .

Jules
signtalker is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

have you thought about the first 2 weeks of December? It is usually still warm 20s rather than 30s as a high and very sunny with little rain. You also have the benefit of the Christmas things going on.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin mom
Serious Dibber

Mobile

First two weeks of September last year so very hot and the humidity was very high. I'm a red too and struggled so did hubby. The heat was exhausting. Booked for last week September this year hoping its not as humid. X
Old 16 Jan 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We are going end of October/beginning of November as it coincided with our October half term. I have heard it is a lovely time to go. Warm but not too humid, little chance of rain however, crowds will be large due to Halloween, Food and Wine and then you also have the cross over from Halloween to Christmas.