Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Brexit...flight implications if any

Please no politics and I believe some formula/deal will be done but your thoughts. We flight from Cork in Ireland to Manchester on the 2nd of August and from Manchester to Orlando. We have around 2 hours between flights. In the event of a hard brexit/crashout what exactly happens do we have to go through British customs/clearance and how long would that take.
Equally I know a lot of Dibbers fly from the UK via Dublin and Shannon to avail of pre clearance what if any are the implications for them.
I completely understand that a lot of this would be guess work but would welcome peoples thoughts . Again please no politics
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Well you can't really answer without politics - but avoiding it as much as possible, it all depends on how we leave

In realitybi can see issues down the line but in the short term (before 2020) I can't see the actuality of it being any different than it is today
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
discostu
slightly serious Dibber

Please dont think I was being rude I just didnt want a sort of I'm a brexiteer and this is how it and or I am a remainer and this is how it is developing . I hope and think your right about 2020
discostu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I’m flying from Man to Dublin as my original flight was cancelled via Philly. I did ask on Mon what happens as we fly at Easter and as far as they were concerned there will be no change. I think though in the short term nothing however in reality who knows!
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You’ve made me think now? We are going via Amsterdam in October with a tight connection haven’t actually booked it yet but will be doing so this week. We are happy to have the short connection time as we are confident would make the flight, but could we be looking at having to clear customs etc which would mean we definitely wouldn’t make the connection. Oohhh what a mess 🙈
Old 16 Jan 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If it’s a connecting flight then you don’t officially enter the country. You remain in a neutral airside area. So in theory nothing should change.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
You’ve made me think now? We are going via Amsterdam in October with a tight connection haven’t actually booked it yet but will be doing so this week. We are happy to have the short connection time as we are confident would make the flight, but could we be looking at having to clear customs etc which would mean we definitely wouldn’t make the connection. Oohhh what a mess 🙈
When I have done European connections in amsterdam before then you have to go through passport control before getting to the next terminal/gate. I would imagine the only difference being that you would have to enter the ”all other passports” queue instead of EU passports. But o one can say for sure obviously.
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Even without any agreement at all, airlines will still be able to fly directly between their home country and any other country. The problem could come if you were trying to fly between 2 countries which were not the home country of the airline. For example, trying to fly from Berlin to Madrid on a non-EU carrier.
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Hibby70
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

I read that you should probably have at least 90 days remaining on your passport to be safe for most EU countries. Dublin should still be OK.
Hibby70 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Not sure why this would change? We have never signed up to the Schengen agreement so we have never had passport-less travel with the EU.