Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
We had loads at our wedding:-

Flying saucers
Rainbow drops
Red Astro belts
Vimto lollies
Cola bottles - regular, fizzy and fizzy cherry
Bubblegum bottles
Milk bottles
White mice
Fizzy peaches
Foam bananas
Shrimps
Beer bottles
Foam mushrooms
Trolli burgers
Green turtles
Blue and white dolphins
Black jacks and fruit salads
Liquorice comfits
Jelly belly beans
M&Ms with ours names and pictures on

We took a big bag on honeymoon, took a bag to the lad next door (and cake for his Mum) and sent big bags to all of my cousins’ kids, and we still had leftovers.
Oooh Kate, I was going to order the M&M's as favours. Did they work out well, worth the money?
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Oooh Kate, I was going to order the M&M's as favours. Did they work out well, worth the money?
I was really pleased with them and they were certainly a talking point. We had 2 bags and did them as favours, and put the other bag in the pick n mix. From memory I found a 15% off coupon online which worked, which was a bonus. For the favours I put them in little plastic baggies then inside organza pouches (both from eBay) and I attached the seating place cards to them, almost like gift tags.

It’s not a great picture but these are ours:-

Old 18 Jan 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
They look really great! I was going to do exactly the same thing, order 2 bags. Although I was thinking of going straight into the organza bags, do you think you needed the plastic baggie?
How many favours did you make with 1 bag? I need 52, but that's the benefit of the second bag as we can dip into that.
Annoyingly I had a 20% voucher which worked, but I was waiting for payday. Its stopped working now despite it saying January for Valentines day. Would have saved £36
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
They look really great! I was going to do exactly the same thing, order 2 bags. Although I was thinking of going straight into the organza bags, do you think you needed the plastic baggie?
How many favours did you make with 1 bag? I need 52, but that's the benefit of the second bag as we can dip into that.
Annoyingly I had a 20% voucher which worked, but I was waiting for payday. Its stopped working now despite it saying January for Valentines day. Would have saved £36
I did the plastic bag so I could do them a bit in advance, as I find air exposure can make the shell on M&Ms and the like look a bit rough - I don’t like overuse of plastic but I’d do it the same way again. We got 90 favours from one bag and there were a few left. I divided 1kg by the number of guests/favours and weighed out M&Ms to bring us in a bit under, and then I counted them. For all the other bags I just counted.
Old 18 Jan 19, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
I did the plastic bag so I could do them a bit in advance, as I find air exposure can make the shell on M&Ms and the like look a bit rough - I don’t like overuse of plastic but I’d do it the same way again. We got 90 favours from one bag and there were a few left. I divided 1kg by the number of guests/favours and weighed out M&Ms to bring us in a bit under, and then I counted them. For all the other bags I just counted.
Great thanks so much. I'll look for the plastic bags and the organza bags now. There are so many different sizes of the little bags its confusing
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Basset
Imagineer

Midget Gems

*Thread can be closed now *
Basset is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Mobile

I would suggest love hearts and palma violets! Take the wrappings off, no one will know!
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Rhubarb and custard!
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List