Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
justmagical
slightly serious Dibber

Updated WDTC Brexit terms as of 16th Jan

We paid our final balances this morning and received the updated terms - thought I'd share it

For info we are MYW package (no flights)

UPDATE:

How Brexit may affect your Booking

Brexit means the United Kingdom ceasing to be a member state of the European Union on 29 March 2019 or any period of extension agreed with the European Union, and notwithstanding any transition period that may be in force following the date of departure.

The terms on which Brexit happens are beyond our control and may give rise to consequences which we could not have avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken by us; in that event:

(a) If the consequence of Brexit is that, despite taking all reasonable measures we are unable to provide you with the Package or other travel services which you have booked we reserve the right to cancel your Booking; we shall give you as much notice as is reasonably possible of such cancellation and will refund any payment previously made by you for your Booking, but in accordance with the requirements of the law (that is, the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations implementing Directive (EU) 2015/2302) we will not be liable for payment of any compensation or other losses arising from that cancellation. In these circumstances we would treat Brexit as an Unavoidable and Extraordinary Circumstance as further defined in these terms and conditions below;

(b) If, notwithstanding Brexit, we are still able to provide you with the Package or other travel services which you have booked but as a consequence of Brexit our cost of providing those services to you increases by an amount equivalent to more than 2% of the total price payable by you in respect of your Booking, we reserve the right to charge you an additional amount over and above that in accordance with section 4.a below which shall never be more than 8% of the total price of your Booking. However, we will not impose any such increase in charges within 20 days of the date of your scheduled departure;

(c) Please take special note that any delay or disruption to any part of your holiday does not automatically entitle you or anyone else in your Booking
Group to cancel and claim a refund or other compensation unless it is impossible for us or our suppliers to perform the Booking contract. If the Package or travel services can still be provided any subsequent cancellation by you will be treated in accordance with Section 10 below. If, however, we determine that it is impossible for your Booking contract to be performed then Section 8a below will be applicable.

(d) Please also take special note that as a result of Brexit there may be additional travel documentation requirements. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure, this includes ensuring you have valid entry visas and passports (with sufficient validity for the duration of your holiday and any additional period which may be required) for all countries you plan to visit or disembark. Please visit travelaware.campaign.gov.uk/for more information about the requirements for your holiday. See Section 17 below for further applicable terms, including entry requirements for the US.

ETA: Apologies to the poster who posted before I accidentally deleted my first post

Edited at 12:41 PM.
justmagical is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

There was another post like this a few minutes ago and it got removed - not sure why though :/

Not loving this.

(b) If, notwithstanding Brexit, we are still able to provide you with the Package or other travel services which you have booked but as a consequence of Brexit our cost of providing those services to you increases by an amount equivalent to more than 2% of the total price payable by you in respect of your Booking, we reserve the right to charge you an additional amount over and above that in accordance with section 4.a below which shall never be more than 8% of the total price of your Booking. However, we will not impose any such increase in charges within 20 days of the date of your scheduled departure;
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
There was another post like this a few minutes ago and it got removed - not sure why though :/

Not loving this.

That’s in the exsisting t&cs anyway . I’ve compared mine as I got updated ones last week and other than actually highlighting it under the term brexit nothing really has changed. They could do all this anyway .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
That’s in the exsisting t&cs anyway . I’ve compared mine as I got updated ones last week and other than actually highlighting it under the term brexit nothing really has changed. They could do all this anyway .
Absolutely correct Mexy, they haven't put anything in these terms that they didn't already have the power to impose under the regulations governing tour operators (and that everyone who had taken out a TA package hadn't already agreed to be bound by in the small print)

All they've done here is explicitly spelt out that they consider Brexit to fall under the definition of a circumstance that they could not be in control of
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
costs.The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8% of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
ATD have a similar clause, most agents do. Of course they do it’s a business
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Absolutely correct Mexy, they haven't put anything in these terms that they didn't already have the power to impose under the regulations governing tour operators (and that everyone who had taken out a TA package hadn't already agreed to be bound by in the small print)

All they've done here is explicitly spelt out that they consider Brexit to fall under the definition of a circumstance that they could not be in control of
My mistake, I didn't realise this
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by welshmum View Post
My mistake, I didn't realise this
Most don't and in all honesty every TA tries to avoid it as the adverse publicity would crucify their business
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Phild
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

What’s Brexit got to do with the USA?
Phild is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Phild View Post
Indirect flights via the EU for one of many issues that can affect us going to the USA.

Did you ever get sorted with your ESTAs by the way? Hope all is OK

Edited at 03:32 PM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Phild View Post
The people of theUK deciding they can unilaterally rip up the rule book.
The travel rules which were agreed with a club that we no longer want to be a part of, therefore we may have no rules.
Sticking it to Johnny Foreigner is apparently more important than being able to get on with life.