Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 16 Jan 19, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Motherofboys
Gone all Goofy

Best place for 2020 tickets?

We are travelling February 2020.
Where would be the best place to purchase tickets from ?
(Universal, Ultimate Discovery Cove, KSC, Gatorland & Wild Florida).

I've seen recommendations for Attraction Tickets Direct, Florida Tix etc - but are they not all much the same?!

Also, we quite fancy the Pirates & The Medieval Times dinner shows.
Is there a better/cheaper way of purchasing these tickets rather than the main ticket sellers? I'm sure I may have seen someone say they bought theirs from Groupon?!

Thanks!
Motherofboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
jonnykeogh
Proud to wear my Ears

I usually buy from Attraction Tickets Direct as they give real tickets, and are ABTA bonded so I know there's less chance they'll go bust before 2020.

I'm going in October this year, and booked mine on deposit so I'd imagine you could do same for 2020. Got the Disney and Universal ticks. They just know what they're talking about so I prefer to go with them.

Groupon deals usually aren't exactly what you are after, and will probably be full payment with vouchers instead of real ticks. I just prefer to go through a proper travel company for these things, even if it costs a little more.
1996 - Sheraton Inn, 1998 - Sheraton Inn, 2003 - Quality Inn International, 2005 - Enclave Suites, 2007 - Comfort Inn International, 2010 - Quality Inn International, 2013 - Boardwalk Inn & Hard Rock Hotel, 2015 - Beach Club & Legoland Hotel, 2015 - Hilton Garden Inn & Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2017 - Avanti Resort, 2017 - Lake Buena Vista Hotel & Spa/Sunset Vistas, 2018 - All Star Music Resort2019 - Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando
jonnykeogh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Motherofboys View Post
I've seen recommendations for Attraction Tickets Direct, Florida Tix etc - but are they not all much the same?!
Well, they all have different prices (ATD tends to be more expensive than others, for example) and they have different deals (ATD sometimes includes free tickets to other smaller attractions, for example). So there are differences.

The list of ticket sellers in the yellow box above this thread is usually a good place to start. I've used Orlando Attractions on 3 occasions and always got good service and prices from them.

BTW, many ticket sellers aren't selling 2020 tickets yet. So you may want to wait a couple of months until they become more widely available before you buy them.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jonnykeogh View Post
I usually buy from Attraction Tickets Direct as they give real tickets, and are ABTA bonded so I know there's less chance they'll go bust before 2020.
Being a member of ABTA does not mean that they are less likely to go bust. Being a member of ABTA means that anyone who has bought a package deal from them will have some financial protection if they go bust. It also means the ticket seller is supposed to be following ABTA's code of conduct.

Oh and btw, being a member of ABTA doesn't guarantee any financial protection for ticket only sales. As Attraction Tickets Direct state on their own page (emphasis mine):

"We are a member of ABTA which means that you have the benefit of ABTA’s assistance and Code of Conduct. We provide full financial protection for the money you pay for any hotel and ticket package which means that if we go out of business, you’ll be able to continue your holiday as planned or get your money back. If you buy other travel arrangements from us such as ‘ticket only’, this protection doesn’t apply."

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List