Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jan 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Staying in a disney hotel but not going to park?

We are going to orlando and decided to do what we done last year which was stay in a few different hotels that the kids fancy staying in. We then move on to a villa for the remainder of our trip. One of these hotels is a disney resort but we have no plan to go to disney parks this year. Has anyone ever done this? We plan to just spend time at the resort and chill for that night we have never stayed at a disney resort and would love to experience it.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

I would if it was a resort with things to do/see or had lovely areas to chill in.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
We are going to orlando and decided to do what we done last year which was stay in a few different hotels that the kids fancy staying in. We then move on to a villa for the remainder of our trip. One of these hotels is a disney resort but we have no plan to go to disney parks this year. Has anyone ever done this? We plan to just spend time at the resort and chill for that night we have never stayed at a disney resort and would love to experience it.
Yes, we did it last year. bought a real bargain holiday, £440 for flight and All Stars Movies staying a week. Good old TUI.
Didn`t go near Parks but it was fun eating in the Food Court using our refunded H/K money. Never stayed on-site in 30 odd years either so simple things pleased. Do it, you will enjoy it.
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Only if you get a great deal, IMO. The resorts are overpriced when looking at them purely as hotels, a lot of the value is the park related benefits which you won't be using. Unless this is your last trip, I'd save a Disney onsite night for a trip when you'll be doing the parks as well.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

It depends on the resort and your interests. We stayed at AKL last time and wish we had spent more time round the resort rather than the parks as it was so amazing. But you pay a big premium to stay at Disney hotels because of the locality, ability to book earlier fastpasses, EMH etc so you would not be getting the full benefit by not going to the parks.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We are staying at AKL for 2 nights at the end of our holiday due to cheap flights we extended. On the first day our Disney tickets are still valid the second/third day they will have run out so plan to explore the hotel and enjoy the pool etc... I'm quiet looking forward to it!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I’m torn regarding this at the moment, although mine is a different situation.

We’ll be at Disney for 10 nights then onto a Disney Cruise.

After the cruise we’ve booked 2 nights at Grand Floridan but our tickets will have run out by then.

It’s £150 to upgrade to 21 day tickets so that we could do the parks on those days too, but I wonder if we would enjoy just being at the resort and using the facilities. We could still watch fireworks both nights and resort hop around the monorail.

If I upgrade the tickets we’ll definitely be in MK for the three days to warrant the cost. But will we regret not spending more time at the resort?

Decisions decisions 😂
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’m torn regarding this at the moment, although mine is a different situation.

We’ll be at Disney for 10 nights then onto a Disney Cruise.

After the cruise we’ve booked 2 nights at Grand Floridan but our tickets will have run out by then.

It’s £150 to upgrade to 21 day tickets so that we could do the parks on those days too, but I wonder if we would enjoy just being at the resort and using the facilities. We could still watch fireworks both nights and resort hop around the monorail.

If I upgrade the tickets we’ll definitely be in MK for the three days to warrant the cost. But will we regret not spending more time at the resort?

Decisions decisions 😂
When are your dates? You might be able to do after hours or a party night instead of a full ticket extension to get some MK time while still leaving the days free to enjoy the resort. Although it'll probably be cheaper to extend the tickets!

And to add on to my first post - I'm not against resort only days. I just don't think it's worth the bubble premium unless it's part of a wider Disney stay. Which is why I'd only do it on a good deal, or it was a bucket list hotel and I knew my last chance to stay there.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

...…. but not everybody is enamoured with the Parks. FP or ADR's i is possible to enjoy the Resort hotels for themselves, using the transport, eating at the Food Courts.
Have stayed at G.F and A.K without going near the Parks, had a whale of time using the facilities.

Edited at 05:49 PM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
When are your dates? You might be able to do after hours or a party night instead of a full ticket extension to get some MK time while still leaving the days free to enjoy the resort. Although it'll probably be cheaper to extend the tickets!

And to add on to my first post - I'm not against resort only days. I just don't think it's worth the bubble premium unless it's part of a wider Disney stay. Which is why I'd only do it on a good deal, or it was a bucket list hotel and I knew my last chance to stay there.
I had hoped that mnsshp dates would have worked but they don’t, that would have been the ideal solution.

Now I’ve booked mnsshp for earlier in the trip so at least we won’t miss it.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List