Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Jan 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

when a friend asks you that dreaded - "how much would it cost" question. Need Disney advice

I have been to Florida a fair few times now . .done the package deals but now I book everything DIY, stay offsite and tour around. I love different parts of Florida for different reasons and could recommend it all

A really good friend has asked me how much it would cost for him, his wife and 5 year old daughter to go to Disney. They have had a £3500 windfall and want to go to Disney in late May early June. ( I Know he will need more than that)

They are of the newbie opinion that Disney is all Florida has to offer I think and I have never done the exclusive Disney holiday so can't really advise them.

I think they would be better off staying onsite and have found a deal for £1190 pp staying at All Star Music with TUI - park tickets not included or £1261pp staying a Caribbean beach resort

I can also get them an offsite deal at the moment with TUI for around £1200 all in.

Can anyone offer any advise on where to look and what advice I can give.
Oct 14 Villa, HRH, AMI - Oct 16 Villa, HRH, AMI
OCT 18 Villa, AMI- June 2019 R&R AMI 17 nights

Edited at 11:42 PM.
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

We are 2 adults and 1 child age 12. We are going on 3rd April for 12 days and it's cost a total of £1700 for the 3 of us, that's flights, an apartment in Lake Buena Vista and a full size car, but no park tickets as we have universal annual passes and aren't doing Disney.
We are also going in August for 18 days, staying at Caribbean beach with 14 day tickets and quick service dining plan and a car for 7 days, that is costing a total of £6500.
You really can pay as little or as much as you want to, £3500 is probably just about doable but Disney park tickets would be around £1100 for that only leaves £2400, they would need to get flights for £500 or less to come close to that budget, but then would obviously need spending money on top of that.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
x_Ange_x
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry got the dates wrong . . It's late may /early June . . Will edit original post
Oct 14 Villa, HRH, AMI - Oct 16 Villa, HRH, AMI
OCT 18 Villa, AMI- June 2019 R&R AMI 17 nights
x_Ange_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyspals
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
We are 2 adults and 1 child age 12. We are going on 3rd April for 12 days and it's cost a total of £1700 for the 3 of us, that's flights, an apartment in Lake Buena Vista and a full size car, but no park tickets as we have universal annual passes and aren't doing Disney.
We are also going in August for 18 days, staying at Caribbean beach with 14 day tickets and quick service dining plan and a car for 7 days, that is costing a total of £6500.
You really can pay as little or as much as you want to, £3500 is probably just about doable but Disney park tickets would be around £1100 for that only leaves £2400, they would need to get flights for £500 or less to come close to that budget, but then would obviously need spending money on top of that.
Hi.
I am also looking for a holiday for some friends for the same dates as you. Can i ask who you booked yours with.

2010-Tuscan Hills Villa, Radisson International Drive
2012- Tuscan Hills Villa
2015-Tuscan Hills Villa,Lowes Royal Pacific
2016- Disney's All Star Movies Resort,Town House
Regal Palms Resort,Hard Rock Hotel
2017- La Quinta Suites, Central Park, New York
2017- Tuscan Hills Villa

2019-Highland Reserve Villa
2022-Ridgewood Lakes Villa
Mickeyspals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would suggest looking at the Disney site. There’s a free nights offer on and All Star Sports is a good price. Once that’s been priced up you’ll have an idea of how much is left for flights, spends etc. Or the US site has free dining which would take care of all their food.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mickeyspals View Post
Hi.
I am also looking for a holiday for some friends for the same dates as you. Can i ask who you booked yours with.
I always book everything separately, although the August flights are a BA fly drive as that worked out cheaper than flight only on this occaision.
The April flights are with United, indirect from Heathrow, they were £282 each but I did book them last August.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyspals
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for the info, that explains why I'm not seeing those prices :-)

2010-Tuscan Hills Villa, Radisson International Drive
2012- Tuscan Hills Villa
2015-Tuscan Hills Villa,Lowes Royal Pacific
2016- Disney's All Star Movies Resort,Town House
Regal Palms Resort,Hard Rock Hotel
2017- La Quinta Suites, Central Park, New York
2017- Tuscan Hills Villa

2019-Highland Reserve Villa
2022-Ridgewood Lakes Villa
Mickeyspals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would absolutely say it’s totally within their budget, give them details of the Dibb and let them know I’m there for any hints and tips and then STEP AWAY!
Old 17 Jan 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

TUI had amazing deals this year June time, we also £200 pp direct flight.
Then all he needs is a cheap hotel and tickets. Well without £3500.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I'm always wary of advising total newbies as for me it's a 2 way process. When asked how much does it cost, they've just asked you how long is the piece of string. If they expect me to price out a great holiday at a bargain price then I expect them to do their homework and know what they want in more detail than "a holiday". If you get what I give you, you get what I think is good for you. If you do your homework, you get my knowledge helping you get what you want to experience.

I guess not many of us maximised our first trip, we always learn on every trip (next one is number 13) and you have to get the point across that some prior knowledge will help enormously, whilst at the same time not frightening or overwhelming them with homework. I'd explain that we did packages, made mistakes, but still enjoyed it enough to keep going back, and that a package is clearly an easy option, but the chances are it will cost more.

Some people go off and book a package, and you have to let them make their mistakes. If they are still keen for help , over a few conversations start to work out whether they are aware of the differences between Disney and Universal etc, then once they've got the basics start to work out what they want and what they are prepared to skip or compromise to keep costs under control. I'd talk direct flights, and their price range versus indirect and that price range.
Onsite/Offsite Hotels, villas, and their price difference with plusses and minuses. Various parks and their prices, rides etc. Then maybe some of the further outlying options like shopping KSC, seaworld etc. This is the stuff we'd skip on some trips to keep cost control, but which a first timer might see as essential Florida. Each one bumps cost, but for some will clearly be worth it.

Once this lot is worked on, you can start to build a plan in terms of the big costs, get a more specific budget and everything goes from there.