Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
riogirl
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Package or do it all separately?

Hi, it's my first time booking a Disneyworld holiday. We want to go for 2 weeks in August, Disneyworld only. We definitely want to stay in a Disney hotel. I am better looking for a package with flights, hotel, meals and park tickets, or will I save lots of money if I do it all separately? and how much hassle is that?
Thank you in advance!
riogirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dragsapphire
Excited about Disney

Welcome to the Dibb. There are lots people that can help on your first adventure here. If you want to purely stay on site at Disney world then I would say to book both hotel and tickets through Disney. You can book a dining plan and if you do this through the American site they do still have the free dining offer for now, not sure when it ends. Book flights separately as Disney do add a mark up to this
dragsapphire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

It is a personal preference, some will say do separate others will say book all through Disney some will say try Virgin and so on.
It all comes down to how you want it, do you feel you can book it separate or would it be easier if you let some one else sort it all out.

Plus there is the how much will it cost and if you want to try and make savings or if price does not matter.

I would suggest you look at prices and work out which will work out best for you.

Our first 2 visits were all booked through a travel agent now we book every thing DIY and feel we get better choice and better value. We do check both ways though to see if TA can do cheaper
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve done both. First twice I booked all separate as it was cheaper ( ie Disney direct with dining then separate flight only booking with Thomas cook )
For this year I priced my long haul flights with TC and Disney direct for hotel and tickets. It turned out having spoken to TC shop that they could match my diy cost via their flexible package. This worked out better as I can get 5-% discount with my work for tc gift card which is a saving of about £300 and also I had reserved seating included free as well as the security of a package . It was a no brainier
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve done three times as a package and this time diy. I’ve found diy very stressful and involves a lot of patience looking for flights ( something which I’ve found out I lack severely of ) , some of the packages Ive seen have been as good if not cheaper than the diy so we haven’t saved a great deal especially as flights from Manchester seem to be at a premium this year . Flexibility is key and savings come from indirect flights .
In the end I would say it’s all personal choice of what you feel comfortable with.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tiggerlover91
New Poster (3)

Talking

Originally Posted by riogirl View Post
Hi, it's my first time booking a Disneyworld holiday. We want to go for 2 weeks in August, Disneyworld only. We definitely want to stay in a Disney hotel. I am better looking for a package with flights, hotel, meals and park tickets, or will I save lots of money if I do it all separately? and how much hassle is that?
Thank you in advance!
Hi!

For me, I priced out both to see what the difference would be. Come to find out, the package is only $3 more! I'm a FL resident so I'm sure that has a lot to do with the cost and the fact we are only doing 5 days in Disney at All Star Sports and 4 day park tickets. I chose to do it separately simply because my husband hasn't decided if he's going or not yet and it's easier to just purchase his tickets at a later time than to add him to the package.

My suggestion is to price everything out like I did and see what works best for you!
Tiggerlover91 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I always price a package deal then look at DIY and see how much I can save, it’s usually a significant amount to warrant DIY.
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mine worked ut £1600 cheaper diy for 3 people, i always get a package prce but they are always way too much!
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
marriner1965
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Hi i was looking to see when flights start from Doncaster Robin hood airport ,it's on the 4th of may with tui £360 return on the Dreamliner not to bad only 30 minutes away frm us 😀😀
marriner1965 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=marriner1965;13648998]Hi i was looking to see when flights start from Doncaster Robin hood airport ,it's on the 4th of may with tui £360 return on the Dreamliner not to bad only 30 minutes away frm us 😀😀

I’ve been looking at the Doncaster flights too as would be so much nicer to be closer to home when you get back, but they only seem to operate on Saturdays and not throughout the whole year, but that price is amazing ... may have to have another look!

Edited at 08:38 PM.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List