Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Jan 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jakesmum View Post
He’s worked there since it opened last january, i booked it in march so 10 months isnt it, and he’s just moved departments and his new department already has staff off
Did the other department know though ? It’s a bit mean if they don’t transfer it over for him . Fingers crossed they allow it
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Look on it as a valuable life lesson for him.

He won't leave things so late in future or pay for holidays without being certain of having the time off. (I'm assuming he's paying his share since he's working?)
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by jakesmum View Post
He’s full time and on extremely good money for his age, my 2 week holiday is not worth him losing his job honestly! If it was a weekend £4 an hr job at maccy D’s i’d totally agree but its a lot more than that
I see your point, but I see it differently. If he is good enough they won't want him to leave so they will agree to it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Mobile

Tell him to be clear with his boss that it is a joint celebration and he would really appreciate the time off just this once
Old 18 Jan 19, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Did he not book it with the other (first) department ?
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I see your point, but I see it differently. If he is good enough they won't want him to leave so they will agree to it.
If he wants to stay with the company threatening to leave if they don’t give him annual leave is hardly a good start.

OP, if he had the annual leave booked with the previous department then his current one should really allow it. If not then he has to just hope someone else will move weeks or they agree to cope without him. A hard grown up lesson learned. Although I have very grown up staff who still book holidays without having leave approved!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Can he not take unpaid leave? Thats always a last ditch option in our place.
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I can’t believe that people are suggesting that quitting a job particularly for someone without a degree is worth a trip to Disney world for, have any of you seen how hard it is for youngsters.

Hopefully it’s just one if those lessons I think all of us have done something really stupid when young and as long as we learn from it, it’s probably worth it.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

This can be a bit of a tricky one. We had a similar issue when we booked last year. At that time non of us had agreed time off but we got such a great price that we took the risk. The risk in our case was loss of deposit so not as high as the OP. This was a risk we were prepared to take. My son started his first ever job in October and similar to the OP on good money. In our case thankfully it all worked out and we all had our time off ageeed.

I hope it all works out and sometimes it’s a case of pleading to the employers and pointing out it was all booked prior to employment. It’s also worth looking at the employers internal policies to see if there is any way the decision can be appealed or reconsidered?

Good luck
Pans is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Had he booked it in his first department? If so, they really should honour the holiday in his new department. I still feel if he explains the situation the company may honour the dates. Fingers crossed for you op, as I can tell how disappointing it is for you all.

Of course, it is his responsibility to book the time off but my DH often has to book his dates after we have booked the holiday as his company won’t take dates for holidays before January 1st for the year. It’s always a bit of a worry until they are approved but they do allow unpaid leave usually as a last resort. Maybe your son could ask if he could take that?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List