Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 37
Guidebook Reviews: 5
First time DLP

Ok, so not quite 1st time, we did go 21 years ago when our son was 2 years old, but thinking quite a lot has changed since then .

We've done a lot of Orlando Disney but can't get hubby to agree to go again at the moments so considering a short trip to DLP over the summer and there is a good offer on at the moment.

So a few questions:

Is it best to book direct, or book with a TA? If so any recommendations please?

Euro tunnel - never done it before, any tips/experiences to share from anyone to get to DLP?

Meal plan - is it a good idea to upgrade to full board? Anyone done it and thought it was really good.

Where are the best places to eat?

Thinking 3 nights/4 days - is this enough?

Any other general comments or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

It's almost always better to book direct. It gives you direct access to your booking so that you can add on any addons and pay of the balance online.

Full board is a LOT of food. Personally I would never be able to manage three sit down meals a day so would never consider doing full board.

When during the summer are you looking to go? Which hotel are you looking at staying in and is it offering free half board meal plan?
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
It's almost always better to book direct. It gives you direct access to your booking so that you can add on any addons and pay of the balance online.

Full board is a LOT of food. Personally I would never be able to manage three sit down meals a day so would never consider doing full board.

When during the summer are you looking to go? Which hotel are you looking at staying in and is it offering free half board meal plan?
Thank you - I'm thinking of Davy Crocket Ranch, offering half board and 25% off at the moment.

looloomoomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I have been looking into visiting dlp for the first time in 2020, and put a thread on here asking questions which may help you too. I have added a link to it below.

Have you looked at flights? I have priced up Euro tunnel and EasyJet flights and from where we live in Wales EasyJet is the cheaper and easier option.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106628
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MissJRabbit
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I agree with HappyPanda - I would always book direct.

Eurotunnel is very easy. If you shop at Tesco then you can use your club card point to pay for the tunnel or ferry.

Unless you like eating a lot regularly then I wouldn’t bother with full board. If half board isn’t free then I wouldn’t recommend the meal plans unless you definitely need to have the hotel buffet breakfast every morning. It’s definitely worth pricing up different options.

There’s plenty of food options. I like vapianos for a cheaper meal - it’s an Italian restaurant in the village. The food and restaurants aren’t quite the same quality as Disney world, so depends what you’re looking for.

I would recommend 4 nights 5 days but 3 nights would be okay in the quieter times.
MissJRabbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by looloomoomoo View Post
Thank you - I'm thinking of Davy Crocket Ranch, offering half board and 25% off at the moment.
We booked this deal today @ Davy Crockett - exciting!
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
looloomoomoo
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I have been looking into visiting dlp for the first time in 2020, and put a thread on here asking questions which may help you too. I have added a link to it below.

Have you looked at flights? I have priced up Euro tunnel and EasyJet flights and from where we live in Wales EasyJet is the cheaper and easier option.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1106628
Thanks - With Davy Crocket Ranch it is best to have a car, but guess we could hire one - what are flight prices like with Easyjet?

Old 20 Jan 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks - With Davy Crocket Ranch it is best to have a car, but guess we could hire one - what are flight prices like with Easyjet?
I looked in November for June prices and certain days were available from £29 pp, up to around £60 pp each way. Obviously luggage is extra and it is a case of catching the right time to book but I know we will be looking into this for when we book towards the end of this year
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes dcr is self drive. There is no transport public or otherwise, not even taxis can take you there due to its layout. So for dcr a car is needed.
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yep you do need a car for DCR. There are things to do there such as archery. You get free parking at DLP.
We prefer on site because of the ease of walking.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List