Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jan 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Percairwen
Helping Minnie

Norweigan

Hello,

Recently booked my flights with Norwegian as they were the cheapest by far.

Never flown with them before - any tips or reviews?

TIA
Percairwen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Minimanam
Apprentice Imagineer

Minimanam's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Percairwen View Post
Hello,

Recently booked my flights with Norwegian as they were the cheapest by far.

Never flown with them before - any tips or reviews?

TIA
We have booked with Norwegian for our trip in July. Like you because they were cheapest by a long way.

Only problem we have had so far is they changed our flight time! Or at least at first I thought it was just the time had changed just by an hour. Then on closer looking it was changed by a day and 1 hour!

Panic set in but we were able to change the Disney booking for a small fee. The airport hotel was a different story. We had paid using tesco points and this was not changable without paying for it all again

Hopefully that is the only problem we will have and you will not have any problems at all!

Port Orleans Riverside

Art of Animation Suite

2016 - Art of Animation Suite

2019 - Beach Club Resort

Minimanam is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Eve C
Getting Excited

Flew with them in 2017 - no problem at all. They did alter our flight times both going out and on the return but that didn't bother us - in fact the return flight was even better as it meant more time in the parks on the last day.
We're booked again with them for this April, this time into Miami as it was so much cheaper than Orlando.
Enjoy!
2013 - Florida Pines Villa
2017 - Calabay Parc Villa
Eve C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

I have seen in the news over the past few months that they have been struggling financially, but presume they have gone through that for now, but that would make me nervous booking with them. Just make sure you have insurance in place that covers that kind of thing (if it is available).

Edited at 09:42 PM.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

I think they are still struggling to be honest. They have cut a bunch of overseas crew bases. Make sure you have good travel insurance just in case and pay on credit card where possible!
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

flew to LA with then last year in Premium, was a great flight, booked again with them for this October
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 19, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I think they are still struggling to be honest. They have cut a bunch of overseas crew bases. Make sure you have good travel insurance just in case and pay on credit card where possible!
Every airline is only ever a couple of bad months away from bankruptcy (with the exception of some of the state owned middle East airlines)

Your points on travel insurance and credit cards though are spot on and sensible advice
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

We flew with them last Aug and all was fine. Delays at both LGW (tech) and MCO (weather) but we were kept up to date the whole time.

We did have some flight time changes but nothing worse than we’ve had on BA and VA. We never actually flew with BA in the end as they changed so much we cancelled and booked with VA as their flights suited us better and we were able to cancel with a full refund due to BA’s extensive amendments.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I’ve not flown with them transatlantic yet but was planning too for our October trip but managed to get rewards flights. Did notice they seemed to release flight quite sometime after Virgin and BA which is a bit of a pain as so far flight prices only seem to have gon3 up.

However when I was planning on flyin Norwegian I was similarly a little concerned about it’s on going viability. Not all insurance covers supplier failure so you need to make sure it does or buy an add on

moneysupermarket/tra...ay-protection/
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

Flew with them last year and booked again for this year. I'm sure people will tell you there stories about changes and cancellations which are awful but the same can be said of the 2 big carriers BA and Virgin too. I have seen a thread on here recently where virgin have cancelled the flight for someone's return date meaning they have to come home a day early. There was a recent news story where BA customers were left stranded in an airport for 36 hrs. All airlines have good and bad reviews. I therefore go on price mostly. However, out of all the flights to the USA I have done over the last 20 years the best ones were on Norwegian and American Airlines. By best I mean punctuality, comfort and nice staff on board.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List