Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 20, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I booked with Magic breaks, haven't contacted them about it yet, cos I feel they need to deal with more imminent departures, but I paid in quite a few installments, from different cards 🤦 Mainly cos it's me and a friend on the booking, and when she gave me money for hers, I went ahead and put it on the holiday. I'm thinking each payment may get sent separately, and back to the card it came from. 😂😂😂 Lesson learnt. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Christina Dunn
Apprentice Imagineer

Christina Dunn's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Due to go this Monday, but have not heard anything from them. Filled in form as well Sunday. We want to just move our dates. Thought we would have heard something. Got message from Air France to say flight was cancelled, but that is because they are cancelling flights themselves.

Christina Dunn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I’ve had around 53% back to the card I used to pay the balance.
I used a different card to pay the deposit, but nothing back to that card as of yet.
Not happy, thought this would be straightforward as they stated no cancellation charges.
Just to add to this, I’ve now had the deposit back on the other card.
So just waiting for the rest to make it 100%
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

We were due to go in 2 days. I responded to the email from the Disney Holiday Co saying I wanted to cancel, got an automated response, and haven't heard a peep since. No refund whatsoever.

I'm also being held to ransom by Eurostar, who want to give me an e-voucher rather than a refund, but are saying that it must be used before March 2021, and if the price has gone up, I will be expected to pay the extra.

Plus getting absolutely nowhere with Premier Inn which is where we were staying the night before we boarded the Eurostar, and nowhere with Virgin Trains, who sold me a train ticket to London but who are now telling me to contact National Rail as they no longer operate in the UK. National Rail told me to contact the ticket seller, i.e. Virgin Trains.

I think I'm just going to have to give up on everything refund wise until all this is over.
Old 27 Mar 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I'm having the same with Eurostar. Magic Breaks have been good, but Eurostar are being difficult. To be honest, I wasn't due to travel until May. If your train is cancelled, I feel a full refund is in order, not a voucher. On Twitter they basically said to try my travel insurance. 🙄
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

I’ve read on thedibb FB page that someone has had their TUi trip cancelled as the parks are closing until at least November. Tell me this is not so!

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m surprised by Premier Inn.
We had two bookings for two rooms for on the way and on the way back for Easter week.
I had an email from them a week or so ago saying I could cancel for a full refund. The rooms were non refundable, but they said this was waived under the circumstances.
I had a full refund within a day or two of clicking on the refund link.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
I’m surprised by Premier Inn.
We had two bookings for two rooms for on the way and on the way back for Easter week.
I had an email from them a week or so ago saying I could cancel for a full refund. The rooms were non refundable, but they said this was waived under the circumstances.
I had a full refund within a day or two of clicking on the refund link.
Wow, that was good! My booking with them for a night in Leeds (postponed Evanescence gig) was a flexible one so they refunded that with no argument, but they were adamant that the one for last night in London was not refundable. Then yesterday they sent me a cheque; not ideal as I have to somehow get it into the bank (bank app crashes and won't photograph/scan cheque, and local branch closed at the mo!).
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Valeriebarrow
Getting Excited

Valeriebarrow's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tinker82 View Post
I've read on some Facebook groups that refunds are coming through in several payments.
Several different reasons are being discussed - including the system automatically refunding as per regular terms & the rest being manually be refunded later x
My daughter was told this by a cast member on phone on Monday. The final 25% refund has to be manually pushed through and could take up to 8 weeks.
Valeriebarrow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List