Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Shall we go, or not? A last minute trip! Day 6 - Magic Kingdom

28 Feb

Today was our last full day already

We were going to the Magic Kingdom today (instead of hanging around at the hotel trying to see Elon Musk) and we left at 0940. We decided to take the resort monorail as it was already getting busy when we arrived. We probably walked into the park at around 1030.

Our first stop was the spring roll stand at the entrance to Adventureland where we got 2 spring rolls – 1 cheeseburger and 1 pepperoni.

I had booked our FP in advance but as this was the first day that Splash Mountain had reopened after its refurb I decided to get in the standby line as the only time I could get for the FP was in the evening (and it was already a chilly day – we were wearing hoodies and later light jackets!). They were still having some issues so boarding kept getting delayed and the line actually took us about 1hr30 – but it was worth it

This did mean that I could rearrange our passes which meant we got more options later in the day.

Next up was another favourite of mine - Haunted Mansion which even using FP took longer than normal. Have I mentioned that it was busy?! I had selected It’s a Small World for our next FP which meant we could fit that it before lunch. Basically 3 of my favourites after each other….

Then we had a reservation at The Plaza for lunch. Rob ordered the brisket mac and cheese which he did not rate (normally he orders the Cheesesteak). I had the club sandwich which I enjoyed as always. For dessert we both had the brownie sundae (I normally get the ice cream sundae but it was chilly) which was ok, but not my favourite. We had a slightly annoying server who appeared to want to turn the table as fast as possible which was a shame. Lunch was $73 including our DVC discount.

After lunch we used our final pre-booked FP to ride Space Mountain (possibly a slight error in planning) which was bumpy as always.

I somehow managed to pick up a 4th FP for Peter Pan for about 30 mins later, and in the meantime took a spin on the Peoplemover although even that had a line of about 15 mins!

Luckily though using our FP for Peter Pan we skipped a massive line and then we walked straight into Philharmagic which was a nice chance to warm up (were we actually in Florida?!)

Choices for FP were getting less so I booked one for Pirates and decided it was time to experience another classic – Carousel of Progress!

We took a little break at Cosmic Rays and then I thought why not slot in another classic – the Enchanted Tiki Room!

We took a little look around the Pirates shop before using our FP, we managed to get slightly wet which reminded me why I had decided not to ride Splash at night!

We headed to Main Street to watch Happily Ever After, it was packed but we managed to get a reasonable spot which was fairly central which was good. I still prefer Wishes but HEA is definitely growing on me.

I had picked up one last FP for Buzz Lightyear so we fought our way back to Tomorrowland for one last ride. By the time Rob had beaten me (again) the masses had moved on and we walked straight onto the ferryboat back across the lagoon.

I did pick up a coffee at the Ticket and Transportation Centre for the walk to the car as it was by now quite chilly. They were doing work on the tram loading so it was just as quick to walk back as it was to catch the tram!

Edited at 12:13 PM.
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Good MK day!
AJ86 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by AJ86 View Post
Good MK day!
It was, thanks
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List