Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Apr 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Can you see the absolute chaos if Virgin, BA etc put out a press release saying all flights cancelled until the end of May for example.

Thousands and thousands of people will be trying to get through to vouchers or refunds. And probably the systems in the process.

People seem to think that their call centres are fully manned. I would put money on that they are not and the poor souls working are probably on their knees trying to cope. Don't forget they are also liable to get the virus as is anyone else.

I will wait until they inform me that our flights in June are cancelled then will contact them. Not before!

Although I fully appreciate we are all different and see things differently!
Old 3 Apr 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Edna Cloud
Apprentice Imagineer

If the US lifted their travel ban, they would run the flights. They still have a group of working pilots to run the flights that they are doing. It's too early for anyone to have a clue what life will be like in June.
Edna Cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
tigrr_uk
New Poster (3)

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Can you see the absolute chaos if Virgin, BA etc put out a press release saying all flights cancelled until the end of May for example.

Thousands and thousands of people will be trying to get through to vouchers or refunds. And probably the systems in the process.

People seem to think that their call centres are fully manned. I would put money on that they are not and the poor souls working are probably on their knees trying to cope. Don't forget they are also liable to get the virus as is anyone else.

I will wait until they inform me that our flights in June are cancelled then will contact them. Not before!

I completely understand that, but we are now less than 23 hours until our flight, and not heard that it is going to be cancelled!
tigrr_uk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
irvin38a
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post

Obviously not expecting them to say flights until the end of may are cancelled. But they could at least say the next 5/7 days.

Ours are June so not attempting to contact them. Like you I will be waiting but if they don’t get in touch until 24hrs before then will have to gamble and cancel everything else. Although, will probably know they will be cancelled as travel will still be banned.
irvin38a is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tigrr_uk View Post
Our VA flight from Manchester-Atlanta (we then had a connecting flight to Daytona Beach) is not showing in our booking, but it is now less than 24 hours until the flight, and not had an email to say it has been cancelled? We were meant to be flying at 11:05 tomorrow. Anyone else in the same boat? Tried texting service but not heard back yet, and are currently on hold on the phone.

PS We also booked a car throught Virgin, and so far have had 4 lots of 4 hours on hold to Virgin Holidays, so 16 hours in total, and at 4 hours get cut off each time!
Try the Virgin WhatsApp service. I contacted them with a flight cancellation question 2 days ago. They took a number of hours to answer as they are getting an exceptional amount of queries (as you would expect) but when they did answer the guy answered my questions to my complete satisfaction within a few minutes.
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I used Virgin Atlantic WhatsApp. I got a message saying they are busy and to wait until 72 hours before etc. Fair enough I left it but a few hours later I got a message asking a question about my booking then they offered a refund or to move my booking. I have opted for the refund which they have agreed to.
It will take 90 days to process but I expected that from reading other reports.
I was due to fly early May.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It’s a game!

If you cancel following FCO guidance but the flight is still running it’s the insurance company that is paying out. If virgin cancel they they are refunding. They leave it as late as possible so more people take option one.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List