Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
What did you think of Fantasmic in the end? We watched Snow White and Pinocchio yesterday. Noah watched almost all of Snow White and really enjoyed it. I see what you mean about Pinocchio I suppose being older puts a different perspective on things. When I was younger I always took it as being about telling lies, but there were a few things in it both Chris and I said wouldn't be allowed nowadays!

I hope you enjoyed your walk. We haven't managed to get out today. I'm hoping the weathers ok tomorrow and we can go for a little walk as I'm off work. I can't wait to see your food for eating round the world and also what recipes you decide to make.

Hopefully there will be some verification soon but it's good he's still getting on with his work.

I agree with Abby Colette, this is all new so have a sloth out is much needed ... I don't have any excuse at all, I'm just being lazy x
Fantasia was good actually I enjoyed it better than Pinocchio. We like a proper story though so we're looking forward to Dumbo and Bambi which will be up next. I'm glad Noah liked snow white. It's an amazing movie really given how old it is.

We've done pretty well with our daily walk. But we are so lucky to live on the edge of a village so have fields and small wood within 5 minutes walk of our front door. It must be hard for people who aren't as fortunate. We are appreciative of what we have. The bluebells are starting to come out now in the wood and if we have a bit of warmer spell then they will be a beautiful carpet of blue soon.

I'm going to do Morocco this weekend, did I say that already? Sorry if I'm repeating myself! It's going to be chicken kebabs and couscous with baklava for dessert. I've never made that so it will be fun to try something new. I'm going to spend a bit of time over the easter hols looking up recipe ideas. As a planner researching stuff is fun and then the making and eating will be fun. I watched a you tube video of cheddar cheese soup like they do in canada so I'm going to try that and make some soda bread (perhaps more Irish than Canadian) and have pancakes with maple syrup for dessert. That's the plan for Canada anyway. I'm sure going to need my daily walk to try and walk off all the calories.

I hope you are all keeping well. I'm sure it's not been an easy week with all 5 of you at home, your new job, your college deadlines and the horrible decisions you've had to make about your holiday. I'm glad you're still on here. I'm sure there are times when you wish you could crawl under a rock and the world would go away. I'm not oblivious to it all when I'm talking about movies or food.

Take care xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Just caught up with all your updates! It’s been a crazy time! Hope the children are ok and starting to settle into some sort of routine while at home!
It’s so hard to focus on anything else at the moment I think the best we can do is distract ourselves as much as we can! I’m happy to see your still eating around the world! I’m interested to see how your pudding turns out 🙈 I’ve got Disney + but must admit to watching nothing on it yet! I think there’s so much to choose from I just can’t decide!

Hope your working from home it’s going ok?!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
Just caught up with all your updates! It’s been a crazy time! Hope the children are ok and starting to settle into some sort of routine while at home!
It’s so hard to focus on anything else at the moment I think the best we can do is distract ourselves as much as we can! I’m happy to see your still eating around the world! I’m interested to see how your pudding turns out 🙈 I’ve got Disney + but must admit to watching nothing on it yet! I think there’s so much to choose from I just can’t decide!

Hope your working from home it’s going ok?!
It's been a crazy few weeks, hasn't it? I hope you're well.

I can't quite believe we've had two weeks now of working from home, somehow it feels like a million years and it's hard to remember what normal really is. I guess this is the new normal. So, yes we've settled into a routine although the next two weeks will be different as the kids won't have work set for them from school so will have to entertain themselves without going out.

Kate and me watched Dumbo this evening it's close to being a perfect movie for me. It's got a great story, it's sad but heartwarming, it's got friendship and beautiful animation along with a lovely soundtrack. And they packed it all into just 70 minutes it's the perfect length they didn't worry about padding it out. It made me yearn to be in storybook circus in MK though, oh boy! I was talking to Kate about what a perfect little land that is with the big top characters and the Dumbo ride and Barnstomer and the peanuts in the concrete and the Casey junior splash station and the railroad in the back. I definitely had a tear in my eye thinking about that. We made a pact to get toffee apples and sit on bench and eat them while watching the world go by...if we get to go this year. Which more and more I'm starting to think is hugely improbable, but we both agreed while it's improbable it's not impossible (yet) and we're holding on to that idea at the moment. We know it's not much, but it's something and it's all we've got.

Edited at 08:18 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'm glad you guys are staying hopeful, it's all we have right now really I need to get back into the Disney spirit and put together a concrete ADR plan as my 180 is creeping up.

Is anyone else sick of thinking about food!? It's usually my favourite subject but currently my life revolves around planning meals, shopping for meals, cooking meals and eating meals. I've completely lost my appetite

I was trying to get to the bottom of why I'm feeling like this and I realised that working shifts usually means I'm only home for dinner a couple of times a week so cooking is usually a novelty.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm glad you guys are staying hopeful, it's all we have right now really I need to get back into the Disney spirit and put together a concrete ADR plan as my 180 is creeping up.

Is anyone else sick of thinking about food!? It's usually my favourite subject but currently my life revolves around planning meals, shopping for meals, cooking meals and eating meals. I've completely lost my appetite

I was trying to get to the bottom of why I'm feeling like this and I realised that working shifts usually means I'm only home for dinner a couple of times a week so cooking is usually a novelty.
I'm now about 10% feeling like we will get our summer holiday and 90% feeling like it won't happen. Still clinging onto that 10% though and I'm not cancelling anything they're going to have to prise my fingernails off that booking before taking it away. So, I guess you could say I'm staying hopeful

Kate and me have decided we're going to wider the net with the Disney food home cooking. Tomorrow will finally be the much talked about Moroccan meal. But we've decided we will have to make some sleepy hollow waffles, chilli cheese waffle fries, nachos Blizzard Beach style and grilled cheese and tomato soup. Perhaps not all on one day though! She also wants a tuna sandwich like the one from Columbia Harbour House. We've spent quite a bit of time while watching Saludos Amigos, The three cabelleros and Make Mine Music talking about food. They were not the best films, I'm sure back in the 1940s they were awesome and we're not complete heathens and can appreciate them for what they are but we are itching to get back to the good stuff, a couple more doozys until Cinderella. From that point on we've got a great run of movies.

So, your question was is anyone else sick of talking about food? It seems like that is the big topic of conversation now, well it certainly is in my house.

If you need any help narrowing down your ADR choices you know we're all here for you.

Old 6 Apr 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I'm a bit the same Abby That feast sounds amazing, I can't wait to see the photos. Your really getting through those films I found some Chip and Dale shorts on there that I used to watch when I was younger, Noah laughed so much at them when I put them on!

Afraid I'm with Colette at the minute, but it's my own fault as I keep baking! Cherry scones today with jam and clotted cream ... so much for all the weight I lost haha. Are you all on 'Easter Break' now Abby? Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Just caught up again - I'm so sorry that you all have this uncertainty about your upcoming trips. I never thought Id count myself lucky by having this year as a year off Florida. I hope you all get your trips or some definite answer soon for those going soon.

Its good that you are keeping your Disney cooking nights going Abby - did you see the churro recipe this week? My youngest daughter has been making herself grilled cheese for lunch today.

We've got Disney+ so that's been great. The girls are rewatching all their Disney Channel favs from when they were younger and Im watching one episode of Disneys Fairytale Weddings a day as my guilty pleasure!

Take care all x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I would love to try the homemade churros but I am not a baker. I hate the mess! I hope you guy try them and show us the results.

Abby, your upcoming culinary adventures sound fun. We had waffles with Nutella and strawberries a couple of nights ago and it tasted like Florida!

Kelly, those scones sound divine. I might pick some scones up next time I go to the shops as a treat. We've been lucky with bread and milk dates so I have only had to go once a week which I am very thankful for as it is not an enjoyable experience at all at the moment. Any luck with eggs Abby?

Later in the week for some 'fun' I'll put together an ADR list and we can critique it. Even though the trip is six months away I don't feel it's going to happen. I think this is a self-preservation instinct kicking in so I don't let myself get too excited only to be disappointed.

On a cheerful note, I got my first furlough payslip today and it is not as bad as I thought. When you take into account I no longer have to commute (fuel), can't go to Primark, can't meet my friends for lunch and am not resorting to takeaways when I am too tired from work to cook, I think I may be no worse off. So incredibly grateful.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm now about 10% feeling like we will get our summer holiday and 90% feeling like it won't happen. Still clinging onto that 10% though and I'm not cancelling anything they're going to have to prise my fingernails off that booking before taking it away. So, I guess you could say I'm staying hopeful
I’m feeling about 5% hopeful 😢 I would love to be more optimistic to be back in our happy place but at the minute I can’t see it and I’m just feeling so grateful that we have been lucky enough to visit... wouldn’t it be so great though?
We are watching Mandalorian and really enjoying it, exploring HS seems to be a huge dream now.
I’m enjoying reading all the updates-you lot are all my normality—but I’m struggling to think what the next few weeks will bring, it’s nice to hear you have some fun food ideas planned. I think I need to do this! We did the dancing with Oti this morning, it was Harry Potter theme and it was a nice distraction. I might do a Harry Potter dressing up night and do some food to cheer everyone up. Mind I am with Colette in that I’m a bit fed up thinking about food and what to cook, I feel like it is all I am doing. I certainly wouldn’t be able to fit into my Florida wardrobe there has been a bit too much lurpak butter and baking going on in my house!

Edited at 12:30 AM.
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I'm a bit the same Abby That feast sounds amazing, I can't wait to see the photos. Your really getting through those films I found some Chip and Dale shorts on there that I used to watch when I was younger, Noah laughed so much at them when I put them on!

Afraid I'm with Colette at the minute, but it's my own fault as I keep baking! Cherry scones today with jam and clotted cream ... so much for all the weight I lost haha. Are you all on 'Easter Break' now Abby? Xx
Scones and clotted cream sounds delicious. I've now run out of butter and I don't want to head to the shops unless I really need to so no more baking for a few days. I'll post some photos of the Moroccan meal later.

Kate's been enjoying watching the shorts on Disney+ too. We watched some of the forky toy story ones today. Plus an old Mickey Mouse short.

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Just caught up again - I'm so sorry that you all have this uncertainty about your upcoming trips. I never thought Id count myself lucky by having this year as a year off Florida. I hope you all get your trips or some definite answer soon for those going soon.

Its good that you are keeping your Disney cooking nights going Abby - did you see the churro recipe this week? My youngest daughter has been making herself grilled cheese for lunch today.

We've got Disney+ so that's been great. The girls are rewatching all their Disney Channel favs from when they were younger and Im watching one episode of Disneys Fairytale Weddings a day as my guilty pleasure!

Take care all x
I'm counting myself lucky that currently my biggest worry is whether the holiday will go ahead this summer. At the moment everyone is safe and well, of course that is the most important thing. My parents have agreed it's best for them to stay in doors, which makes me a little less worried. Dad is 70 next week and I have been able to get some eggs to bake him a cake. I went for a Dundee cake in the end as he loves a fruit cake.

I'd love to make churros so I'll have to look that recipe up. If I could recreate the Beaches and Cream grilled cheese and tomato soup Kate would love it. That or a BBQ pulled pork sandwich and she'd be in heaven.

I've not watched any of the fairy tale weddings (yet!)

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I would love to try the homemade churros but I am not a baker. I hate the mess! I hope you guy try them and show us the results.

Abby, your upcoming culinary adventures sound fun. We had waffles with Nutella and strawberries a couple of nights ago and it tasted like Florida!

Kelly, those scones sound divine. I might pick some scones up next time I go to the shops as a treat. We've been lucky with bread and milk dates so I have only had to go once a week which I am very thankful for as it is not an enjoyable experience at all at the moment. Any luck with eggs Abby?

Later in the week for some 'fun' I'll put together an ADR list and we can critique it. Even though the trip is six months away I don't feel it's going to happen. I think this is a self-preservation instinct kicking in so I don't let myself get too excited only to be disappointed.

On a cheerful note, I got my first furlough payslip today and it is not as bad as I thought. When you take into account I no longer have to commute (fuel), can't go to Primark, can't meet my friends for lunch and am not resorting to takeaways when I am too tired from work to cook, I think I may be no worse off. So incredibly grateful.
I will have to do waffles, although they won't be Mickey shaped, but they will still be tasty. I've been avoiding going to the shops same as you and only going when I've run out of milk and bread. I'm going once a week tops. I was a bit worried that as I'm shopping for Mum and Dad as well it might be difficult to buy everything due to the restrictions. But mostly it's been fine. I've now got eggs, so I made Dad's cake. I've started to get used to the queuing outside and the weirdness of it all in the store.

I'm glad your finances are ok at the moment. I'm hoping we might save some money, of course we won't be using the car anywhere near as much with no going out or shopping trips.

Let us know what you decide with your ADRs. I'm wondering if you will want to try out lots of new restaurants or if you will want to revisit old favourites.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’m feeling about 5% hopeful 😢 I would love to be more optimistic to be back in our happy place but at the minute I can’t see it and I’m just feeling so grateful that we have been lucky enough to visit... wouldn’t it be so great though?
We are watching Mandalorian and really enjoying it, exploring HS seems to be a huge dream now.
I’m enjoying reading all the updates-you lot are all my normality—but I’m struggling to think what the next few weeks will bring, it’s nice to hear you have some fun food ideas planned. I think I need to do this! We did the dancing with Oti this morning, it was Harry Potter theme and it was a nice distraction. I might do a Harry Potter dressing up night and do some food to cheer everyone up. Mind I am with Colette in that I’m a bit fed up thinking about food and what to cook, I feel like it is all I am doing. I certainly wouldn’t be able to fit into my Florida wardrobe there has been a bit too much lurpak butter and baking going on in my house!
We are incredibly fortunate and worries about which magic band colour to have or whether to book up MNSSHP seem a half forgotten dream now. The countdown to fast pass day is always the one I'm wishing away as it seems to take forever. But this year I'm not wanting it to come at all. This probably sounds a bit odd as I've been hopeful we will still go on the trip. But I sort of want time to slow down a little bit to allow the world to start getting back to normal as thinking about FPs seems preposterous. I just don't know if I can book them knowing it's extremely unlikely we will be able to go.

We've watched 2 episodes of the Mandalorian now. It's really good. It is making the whole idea of Galaxies Edge and the whole experience there very exciting. I wonder when we will get a chance to actually go there. Still, it's a beautiful sunny day here and I will have to shake off the wondering feelings and head out into the sunshine I think.

Take care everyone xx

Edited at 10:35 AM.