Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Aug 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty_lucky
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Doh just noticed this is Paris not Florida 🤭🤭
Ha, ha, thank you so much! (Phew!)
Old 17 Aug 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Raging too as it’s just an iconic thing to do! We arrive 25th but our park tickets don’t start till the 26th😐
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Aww my youngest would be so upset if it was ever closed when we’re there - we go on it at least once a day every trip! I’m hoping the WDW one will be open for her when we go, as I know it’s closing for a huge refurb sometime next year. Got everything crossed it will close after we’ve left...
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It is supposed to be closed when we arrive on 12 Sep. The September closure has been in the plan a good while. Looks like maybe the refurb has started earlier than planned.

It’s my favourite ride too!

Edited at 08:09 AM.
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

We were in DLP last week and we had to be evacuated off Small World. We were stuck on it for about 40 mins and when the music stopped it became really creepy. The only benefit was we got to see backstage.
Old 19 Aug 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Queueing for it now. Why? WHY?! 😂😂😂

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

In 2002 i visiited DLP with my parents and fiancé (now ex-Husband). My DM is wheelchair bound and we went on this with her in the special boat. It was one of the few rides we could all do together. Actually I think it might have been the only ride!

Anyway, as there was no one waiting for the wheelchair boat (that they had got out especially for us), they let us stay on it and go around and around multiple times. My ex hated its a small world and we thought it was hilarious making him suffer :-) My Mum still talks about it now.

We also didn't know at the time that my Dad had a brain tumour and he died 6 months after this trip, so it will always hold special memories for us.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post

Because it’s Disney law 😂😂

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post

It's definitely a tradition to go on that ride so the song gets stuck in your head for the rest of the day
Old 19 Aug 19, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by akhurstf1 View Post
It's definitely a tradition to go on that ride so the song gets stuck in your head for the rest of the day
Well it's done and out of the way, so we can get on and enjoy the rest of the holiday now 😂😂

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List