Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 8 Mar 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shaz313
Trying for More Ears

Why is Disneyland Paris so expensive

Don’t understand why it’s so expensive might aswell just spend the extra to go Orlando lol
Shaz313 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

All Disney parks are expensive

When are you planning to go and how many people? I am sure plenty on here could help you get the best price possible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Can you explain what you mean by expensive? We've just done 4 nights, 5 days at Sequoia Lodge and including food and travel it works out around £150 per person per day. Compare that with Florida for a value Disney hotel and 14 day ticket for the parks (Feb 21) and that averages around £110 per person per day. And the doesn't even include food...! So, can you buy 14 days worth of food for less than £40 per person per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks... ?)

I honestly think there are too many common misconceptions regarding the cost of DLP versus two weeks in Florida. You need to shop around for the right deal for you.
Old 8 Mar 20, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
DH and I go to WDW as a couple and stay deluxe so on a pp nightly basis it works out expensive. This year it works out at £266 pp per night including deluxe resort, VA PE flights, WDW tickets, $300 card and DDP.
Not including all the extras like car hire, tips, car parking, airport hotel etc, which have to be taken into account.

DD and I go to DLP as a 'couple' so although we usually only stay at Cheyenne, it still works out expensive pp nightly. This trip it works out at £189 pp per night for value hotel, air france flights, DLP tickets, E100 card and breakfast.
Not including transport from CdeG to DLP, dinners and snacks but no other 'extras'.

If we stayed at a like for like hotel at DLP it would work out more expensive pp nightly than going WDW, but WDW is at least a 14 night trip - DLP is usually a 3-4 night trip - different holidays completely and to me can't really be compared.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 03:13 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Beer is 9 euro a pint in Paris. I was there last week, this was not even in the Disney Park but in La Defense.

They built Disneyland in the wrong place for me- had they stuck it in the Costas it would have had better weather and would probably have been cheaper.
Old 8 Mar 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have been to both. For me, I would agree that DLP is most certainly in the wrong place. Above all else, weather is all important to me and I would not risk money again on the Paris climate.
It could have been better placed in Italy or Southern Spain.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:29 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Short-break destinations always seem to be more expensive than places you travel to for two or three-week holidays. Applies to theme park holidays and to other things such as skiing, a weekend in the sun, etc. As others have said, you're not really comparing like with like. If I really need a Disney fix the destination which allows me to do that by spending the least amount of money (and minimising how much time off work I need) is DLP, even if the per-day price is more than I'll be paying for our fortnight in Orlando this summer.
Old 8 Mar 20, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
...It could have been better placed in Italy or Southern Spain.
For me, I'm happy it's not in somewhere as hot as Southern Spain. I prefer not having to deal with excessively hot weather during summer time visits, and the July/August climate in Paris is just about perfect for me. I'm quite happy to wrap up a bit for an autumn or winter trip; visiting DLP when it was snowing was quite magical :-)

In terms of travel time, being able to get to DLP easily on the train from London is great, although I appreciate this doesn't apply if you live in the south west of England. I think that's the main reason it was located in Paris rather than in warmer climes such as southern Spain, as it maximised the number of people across European countries who could travel there fairly easily.
Old 8 Mar 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

I was there last weekend and it did feel a lot more expensive than on previous trips, but to be fair, last time I went in 2017 we had a cracking deal with a full board meal plan, so didn't have many out of pocket costs, and the time before I went I was still at uni, and my mum paid for pretty much everything

I'm a Disney CM in the UK, so get a 25% discount on food and merch, but even with that, a quick service meal was £10 per person. That, and breakfast always used to be included in a hotel stay, but now is a paid extra unless you're on a meal plan deal (which I wasn't, was on a room only rate).

I think there's still good deals to be had with DLP. You've just got to be smart and book/go at the right time.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Full board (and 100eu gift card) at disney hotel was 2.5k for 4nights 5 days at christmas for 3A4C. Thats top drawer. We priced up flights at 350 so 2.8k. 142pppd or 172pppn and thats inc. flights and all food.

142pppd with premium restaurant food and flights seems decent to me. We nearly pulled the trigger but decided to do a carribean holiday this year.

Edited at 07:58 PM.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List