Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Mar 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Mobile Parades and fireworks cancelled til April 15th

A friend who is there currently has been told by cast members on their way into the park this morning that all parades and fireworks will be cancelled until April 15th.
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post

Yes that is correct, outdoor shows cancelled and indoor shows restricted on numbers.

I understand why this needs to be done, but it will have a big impact on many guests enjoyment and many may wish to postpone their visit.

Unfortunately as it stands Disney are not relaxing their cancellation policies so postponing isn't an option for most as they cannot afford to take the hit on losing money or having to pay extra to re-schedule dates.

I suspect there will be further developments in the coming days (i.e. forced closure of the parks). Whilst this is sad, it will make the situations with refunds/postponements clearer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mcoler18
Helping Donald

Im half hoping they are forced to shut so we can get our money back, we have pushed the boat out for this trip and booked the DLH, over £1800 for three nights for our youngests birthday.
No princess's in Auberge, now no princess's at all, no fireworks, no parade etc.
I totally unerstand why they are having to do it, its the fact we have paid top dollar for a half of the experience. Gutted really.
mcoler18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mcoler18 View Post
Im half hoping they are forced to shut so we can get our money back, we have pushed the boat out for this trip and booked the DLH, over £1800 for three nights for our youngests birthday.
No princess's in Auberge, now no princess's at all, no fireworks, no parade etc.
I totally unerstand why they are having to do it, its the fact we have paid top dollar for a half of the experience. Gutted really.
We are due to visit in just over 2 weeks and feel the same. I suspect that unless they are forced to close that they won't offer free of charge cancellations or amendments - but that is just speculation on my part.

Its a very expensive holiday and it seems that Disney aren't able to provide the advertised services now, so it is a lot of money for a watered down experience.
Old 12 Mar 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you booked with Disney directly it's worth contacting them. They can be quite good with postponement, without fees, as long as you rebook there and then. Cancellation maybe not so much. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
If you booked with Disney directly it's worth contacting them. They can be quite good with postponement, without fees, as long as you rebook there and then. Cancellation maybe not so much. X
Currently on the phone to Walt Disney Travel Company. Wait time is apparently over two hours
Old 12 Mar 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Christina Dunn
Apprentice Imagineer

Christina Dunn's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Been on to DLP website. There is information there about cancelling or moving your holiday.

Christina Dunn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Was on hold to WDTC 2.5hrs before getting through. Right now they aren't offering any changes to their T&C's like DLP are, so for us to move our dates we would have to pay a 25% fee plus any extra for the new dates.

Can't afford that, so not sure what to do now.
Old 12 Mar 20, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
simno1
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are due to go on the 1st April. My husband and I spoke last night and we said that if they don’t close the parks we may take a hit and lose the money we’ve paid! It’s a lot of money to lose and I’m not happy about it and I don’t not want to disappoint my daughter but our health is way more important! I completely understand that we can catch it in the UK but at least I can minimise the risk when I’m at home.
simno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 20, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
simno1
Excited about Disney

Mobile

And let’s face it, there’ll be no compensation on all the of the closures 🙄
simno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List