Notices

View Poll Results: How much extra will you pay to go to Florida?
I won't pay any more 76 39.79%
I will pay up to 10% more 51 26.70%
I will pay up to 20% more 29 15.18%
I will pays up to 30% more 4 2.09%
I will pay up to 50% more 1 0.52%
I will pay any amount more if I can afford it 30 15.71%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 Mar 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Slightly different situation here, youngest son, daughter-in-law and three grandsons live in St Pete, so we will pay whatever it takes, will do anything to be able to see them. Before this all kicked off there was already doubt as to when we would get back as DH diagnosed with prostate cancer, now undergoing chemo with radiotherapy and brachytherapy to follow. Getting back out to see them is his target.
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
Slightly different situation here, youngest son, daughter-in-law and three grandsons live in St Pete, so we will pay whatever it takes, will do anything to be able to see them. Before this all kicked off there was already doubt as to when we would get back as DH diagnosed with prostate cancer, now undergoing chemo with radiotherapy and brachytherapy to follow. Getting back out to see them is his target.
Hope you all manage to get back together and soon.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsGrumpy View Post
I hope hubby makes a full and complete recovery and you see them soon.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bondy007
Imagineer

Just voted - if I can afford it then I will pay any price - it all depends on personal circumstances. Which makes me very surprised that "Won't pay any more" is 40%... Seems it little ironic for member of a Disney related forum...
I would imagine that if all those whom have simply transferred their exisiting bookings to a later date still travel then footfall into the parks, once open, will very quickly be back to normal and other than the normal hikes in prices i'm not sure how much/how quickly this will change. I'd be there the day after COVID19 does one (assuming i'm a lottery winner by then! )...
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
Hope you all manage to get back together and soon.
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I hope hubby makes a full and complete recovery and you see them soon.
Thank you so much ❤️
Thought I’d add a photo of eldest grandson home schooling. Not a bad location!
[APP]https://www.thed
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Just voted - if I can afford it then I will pay any price - it all depends on personal circumstances. Which makes me very surprised that "Won't pay any more" is 40%... Seems it little ironic for member of a Disney related forum...
I would imagine that if all those whom have simply transferred their exisiting bookings to a later date still travel then footfall into the parks, once open, will very quickly be back to normal and other than the normal hikes in prices i'm not sure how much/how quickly this will change. I'd be there the day after COVID19 does one (assuming i'm a lottery winner by then! )...
Perhaps people can’t afford to pay 40% more ?

I travel solo which means I pay the same as a couple would, for the car and hotel room. Only the flight is cheaper because I pay for only one. ( I don’t always go to the parks so left out of this equation).

If I were to pay another 40% it would be like paying for 3 people (almost).
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I think we will ALL be paying more in the future
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Every holiday we have had has been very different so difficult to compare costs. IT is was it costs, our travel insurance is our biggest expense so that will determine if we go or not. I think any future trips will be booked last minute, we will save as we go through the year if we can as that was our plan to go in february, but if we cant afford it we wont go. We were going to just do Disney this trip and then probably a last big holiday in a few years time doing it all if we can. So far we have in our heads postponed next february trip to 2022. Things may have gotten worse by then or settled down, hopefully a vaccine for virus.
Old 24 Apr 20, 03:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandra & co View Post
If we go back, I want to do a no park holiday and stay at the coast, here’s hoping for no hurricanes or red tide! It should cost less because it’s flights, Villa and food and a bit of shopping, kids try to add a few park days and then price will shoot up. They can save up and pay for their own park tickets and we will have to have a few days in Orlando and drop them off. Probably go back in 3 years plus and out of school hols yay!
Hi Sandra, I believe, even with the cyanobacteria/red tide you encountered in 2018 you enjoyed SW Florida's coastline, superb days on the water with Capt Bruce, lovely beaches, much more to do than some may realise. It's a different world to the Orlando area. You may find April/early May is a nice time to be on the coast, just afore it gets too humid.

After 25 years of SW Fl we're now content to stay on the island, it offers all we need, no driving all over Lee County. Whilst not knowing when we'll get back, quotes to cover winter flight dates are, currently, good; travel insurance is canny at perhaps £50 more. Home rent isn't increasing, our Fl banger means no car hire prices, six month motor insurance is $450. We anticipate travel and living expenses to slightly increase year on year but not enough to stop us going, it'll be health issues that'll eventually put paid to our travels.