Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 21 Oct 08, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

The Heggies Hawaiian Adventure-Day Five

Day Five

We were up by 7.30 today. We got ready & got a bus down to Fisherman’s Wharf. We wanted to go to IHOP for breakfast, we weren’t sure exactly where it was but luckily the bus went right past it. It was really busy in here. I had hash browns & 2 eggs then a strawberry crepe, DH had a mushroom, bacon & swiss omelette. We shared a carafe of orange juice, it cost $24.

Just as we were leaving IHOP a bus was pulling up so we were back in our room for 9.30. Back at the room I done my hair & watched some TV. Yesterday I had booked us an airport shuttle that the hotel provides. It’s only $12 each & picked us up at 11.40.

We stopped on the way at a few hotels but were in the airport for 12.30. Check-in was empty. After DH got his last nicotine fix for a few hours we went through to the departure gate. Because we were on an internal flight we were in a really small terminal with just a couple of shops & one café. We got a cup of tea each.

Our flight left on time at 3.30 & took just over 5 hours to get to Honolulu.
We arrived just after 5pm local time & our baggage was out really quick.

Before we left the baggage hall I phoned our taxi number that id booked to say we were ready, the driver was across the road. It was only about 15 minutes to Waikiki, the taxi was a set fare of $30.

When we arrived at our hotel it was still light & I could see the beach was still busy. Were staying at the Park Shore Waikiki & its right on the beach. Our room is ok, the balcony is really small though. There’s a Starbucks, Subway, Cold stone Creamery & Wolfgang Puck Express next to the hotel.

Were both really eager to get out so we unpack & shower really quickly. We left the hotel & went a walk down Kalakaua Avenue which is the main street along Waikiki Beach. There are loads of designer shops, shopping plazas & restaurants on this street.

We stopped at the Outrigger Hotel & found Dukes restaurant. It overlooks the beach & it was really busy, probably cos it’s a Saturday night. There was a 30 minute wait for a table so we went to the bar for a cocktail each. I had a Lava Flow & DH had a Mai-Tai, mine was great.

By the time we got a table it was dark so the view wasn’t great but it was a really good atmosphere. For dinner I had Hawaiian pizza & DH had Opah fish, he’d never heard of it but said it was amazing. It was cooked in garlic butter & served with rice & pasta salad.

I wanted to try the famous Hula Pie for dessert but I wasn’t too hungry, maybe next time. We had a coke each with dinner & it cost $30.

After dinner we took our shoes off & walked along the waters edge. Every where is really busy.

Were both really tired, its only 10pm but thats 1am in San Francisco, it’s been a long day so we walked back to our hotel. We went in to the shop for water & flip flops for DH. We were asleep for 11pm, the alarm is set for 9am for us to hit the beach!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 08, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
You really know how to pack loads into your day! looking forward to the rest of the Hawaiian adventure!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 08, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Team Jeans
Imagineer

I really am starving now!
Old 22 Oct 08, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Another excellent day with fantastic photos.
Old 22 Oct 08, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Another really busy day. Mmm cocktails Who did you fly to Hawaii with?
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 08, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jools View Post
Another really busy day. Mmm cocktails Who did you fly to Hawaii with?
We flew with NWA, they were good.
Old 23 Oct 08, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Lovely You both do really well with the time differences. I would be falling asleep at the dinner table.
Old 28 Oct 08, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Your food looks lovely
Old 31 Oct 08, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm intrigued by the Hula Pie. Hope you manage to sample it later on in the trippie.
Old 29 Nov 08, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Great start to your Hawaiian adventure
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List