Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Jun 11, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Edited at 08:49 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 11, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Just registered with this site. New to it all. Recommended to me by a work colleague. What is the best way to search for a Villa, and to make sure we are not scammed?
Old 1 Jul 11, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Hi

We have villas here on the Dibb. If you go to the villa rentals section you can use the villa search facility or put a request in the requests section.
There are certain places you can check the owners address etc and whether they own the villa. You can also check their taxes are paid and also the records to see if they have any unpaid bills against them. To do this when you have found a villa you like you would need to know the county the villa is in e.g our villa is in Polk County and I am sure an owner will post the relevant links for you.

Remember though villa renting is a trust thing as well. The owner is also trusting you with their baby (ie their villa) If you have good communication with the owner hopefully they can put your mind at rest.

Penny
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 11, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

I recently found a very good priced villa and I have paid the deposit. Just found this thread however as have been a bit uneasy after getting some words of caution from Dibbers.

Found the link for polk county and found that the property has quite a lot of paperwork the most recent in January being an Assignment of Mortgage.

Can someone tell me what that is? I'm thinking it's not good
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys

Edited at 01:11 PM.
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 11, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by MrsMouse93 View Post
I recently found a very good priced villa and I have paid the deposit. Just found this thread however as have been a bit uneasy after getting some words of caution from Dibbers.

Found the link for polk county and found that the property has quite a lot of paperwork the most recent in January being an Assignment of Mortgate.

Can someone tell me what that is? I'm thinking it's not good
I don't really know what it means but I Googled it and found this article:- freebie-articles/Art/...gage-Debt.html

If I was you I'd do a bit of digging and Google it a bit more to see what you come up with, just to be on the safe side

Hope it al turns out ok

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 11, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bakers7
Looking for my Ears

Hi, just rented a villa in Orlando for the end of September, we did a search on the mortgage/taxes county site to check if they paid their taxes and mortgage and they have a notice of lis pendens on their mortgage. Should we be handing over the final balance as we're going to the villa in 8 weeks time?

Any advice appreciated,
Thanks
bakers7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 11, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
A lis pendens is a notice of impending court action so I'm sorry to say that your situation does not look good. You should certainly be doing some more investigation and maybe speak to the owners themselves. On a more positive note, at least you have found this potential problem before handing over the final balance.

Please get in touch by PM with the villa details if you need any help.

Debra
Old 31 Jul 11, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you so much for the advice. We are looking to book a villa and this has been a concern of ours. It will go a long way to put our mind at rest.

Sam xxx
Old 12 Jun 12, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi. i tried to find "Civil Division" located on the left side of the website osceolaclerk and i couldnt find it? as it been renamed to something else? what is the exact link do i need to click on?

i can provide villa details on the villa i am looking to stay in via pm?

Thanks

Edited at 11:18 PM.
Old 5 Sep 12, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

I have emailed a potential villa owner for holidays next year as the price seems very cheap and have asked all the relevant questions. Will see how we go. Dl x