Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Jul 09, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
daviewat
Imagineer

Good on you for conquering our wee hill :-) and I personaly have to say to you both "Well done" for doing the amaizingly sensible but also common sense thing and getting the info you need on clothing.footware etc before you headed off ?

i served with the RAF search and rescue helicopter unit for a good number of years and based at Leuchars in Scotland. The Ben was our first for numbers we lifted off very badly injured or worse :-) all due to lack of basic forehand knowledge :-)

So again good on you both for not only climbing her but for advice you sought.

Oh and for the Midgies ! Avon Skin So Soft is the best thing out there for them ! seriously it is :-)

Regal Palms March/April 2005/6/7/11/12
Now Miami whenever possible
daviewat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Well done to you both... what a wonderful view from the top and your pictures and stunning..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely pictures Bridget. I can't believe all this is virtually right on my door step but I still choose to go abroad for holidays lol. I've not been to that area for many many years but will definetely have to go again sometime soon.

You look like you's have both had a great time. Well done on reaching the top of Ben Nevis... What a great achievement
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 09, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Well done you...stunning photos.
Old 12 Jul 09, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daviewat View Post
Good on you for conquering our wee hill :-) and I personaly have to say to you both "Well done" for doing the amaizingly sensible but also common sense thing and getting the info you need on clothing.footware etc before you headed off ?

i served with the RAF search and rescue helicopter unit for a good number of years and based at Leuchars in Scotland. The Ben was our first for numbers we lifted off very badly injured or worse :-) all due to lack of basic forehand knowledge :-)

So again good on you both for not only climbing her but for advice you sought.

Oh and for the Midgies ! Avon Skin So Soft is the best thing out there for them ! seriously it is :-)
Thank you

Wow - that must have been quite some job.. lots of stories to tell.

I was astounded that people were going up there with unsuitable footware and badly dressed. I did a lot of research on the internet beforehand - I am so glad I did. We also spoke to people at the visitor centre a couple of times - they were SO helpful

Will go back and do it again sometime - maybe next year
Old 13 Oct 09, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
ethanjosh
Imagineer

ethanjosh's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Well done for getting to the top, you lucky pair having a clear day, the times I've been up I've had thick fog and rain.

Just to shamelessly show off , we did this as part of our National 3 Peaks Challenge, we did Ben Nevis up and down in 4hrs 15mins... in the rain. We had done 3 months of hard training though.

Your pics are great
Old 13 Oct 09, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post

well done on getting to the top in super quick timing, again the countryside looks stunning and im guessing the 360 degree view was breathtaking , hope them wee doggies had snow booties on x
Old 13 Oct 09, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List