Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 17, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile DLP Guide book

Hi, I'm thinking of taking the kiddies (2 and 4) to DLP in May half term. Can anyone recommend a good guide book?
And also I'd booking through DLP directly the best way of going about it?

Thanks!
*supersal* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I was given this guide book for Christmas and so far I have found it very useful

Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*

Mobile

Thanks Lisa!
*supersal* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

The Brit Guide is always highly recommended. However, it doesn't appear to have been updated since early Jan 2015 so it's well out of date now - unless there is a newer version I've missed.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*

Mobile

I did look at that as I love the Orlando version. I didn't know if I was missing it when I looked.
Old 7 Jan 17, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I was given this guide book for Christmas and so far I have found it very useful

I got this book for my last trip to DLP and it had black and white photos in it. Is this still the case or does this version have colour ones? Ta.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *supersal* View Post
I did look at that as I love the Orlando version. I didn't know if I was missing it when I looked.
Yes, I don't think it's a good buy with being out of date. I bought it for my first and second trips to DLP many years ago and did find it useful, but to be honest, I think you can find so much more up to date info on the net these days. Having said that, we've just come back from Thailand and despite the fact I'd done lots of research (and we've been before years ago), I did buy a Lonely Planet pocket book for Bangkok as I just felt I wanted 'something in my hand'. I didn't use it out there though !
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dancingelkhound
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post

I have this one too, and it's probably the best I've found, though some information is incorrect, so I would say check all information on a site like this before taking it as fact. There is definitely something enjoyable about reading a guide book though!

I've also got the Unofficial Guide, because I love love loved it for our WDW trip, but I found the DLP version almost put me off going, so definitely don't buy that one!
dancingelkhound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I got this book for my last trip to DLP and it had black and white photos in it. Is this still the case or does this version have colour ones? Ta.
On Amazon there is a colour version and a black and white version. The price difference was only pennies.
Old 7 Jan 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by *supersal* View Post
On Amazon there is a colour version and a black and white version. The price difference was only pennies.
Great, thanks - have now ordered the colour version. I'm not going till September but it's never too early to get in the mood

Edited at 08:27 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List