Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Dec 18, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Day 3 (27.7.18) - US and IOA wet rides

We set the alarm for 6.30 this morning with the intention of being out of the room really early to take advantage of early opening in US so that we could go to WWHP whilst it was quiet and let the kids have a really good go at all the interactive spells without other people getting in their way, as we had found it very busy the day before and it meant casting spells was difficult!

We were up as soon as the alarm went off and all got ready to go. By 7.30 we were in the lounge and grabbed breakfast. I can’t remember whether we sat and ate it or had it to go but I’m betting we grabbed the mini cinnamon buns and a coffee and ate them on route…well for the adults at least! We made our way to US via the walkway. This was a lovely (if not fast paced) stroll in the morning and is one of the reasons we absolutely love stopping at the HRH.

We made our way into US and headed straight for WWHP, stopping at the section by Shrek/RRR to show our room keys in order to gain early entry. Even with early entry the parks seemed very quiet and we used the time well, stopping at each interactive spell on the way around. I think we were thirsty by this point so picked up 2 Butter Beers from the Fountain of Fair Fortune. Ds didn’t like it so didn’t drink much and whilst it was ok, I think I would have preferred the frozen version.

We then ventured into Knockturn Alley, which we hadn’t looked at the day before. This is another excellent area, very dark and well themed. Unfortunately, we did struggle to get one of the spells to work which was driving DS slightly mad! We eventually convinced him to leave the spell and come back and we headed into Borgin and Bourkes. This was a fantastic shop, so dark and well themed and the staff were amazing! The team member was really in character and I really felt like I was part of the movie! DH bought me a daily prophet scarf, which I have only just worn for the first time as I didn’t have anything to go with it! But it is fab. We paid for the scarf at 08.21 according to my receipts and it cost $28.71 incl tax.

After that, we spent more time wandering around Knockturn alley and completing the frustrating spell which was now co-operating. We headed back into Diagon Alley and into Ollivanders where DH managed to convince me that I needed an interactive wand and the fun wasn’t all just for the children. He was right, I really did NEED an interactive wand! DH chose Professor Snape’s wand and I chose Hermione’s. These cost $110.76 incl tax and we left the shop at 08.52. Purchases in hand we left the shop and went and did a few spells around Diagon Alley. On the way round we went into the Leaky Cauldron for a look at food but decided we weren’t hungry enough. We spent some time doing the interactive spells and I absolutely loved it! It was such good fun to do the spells together as a family and doing it early in the morning meant there weren’t many people around so we didn’t have to wait long. We felt it was such a good way to spend extra hours and knew we would be back again to do them all from the beginning now we each had a wand. We headed into Gringott’s Bank where I exchanged $10 for my best friend’s daughters Christmas present as they were visiting next summer.

Once finished with the spells we ventured over to the lockers for Gringotts and rode express again. I love this ride! Seriously prefer it to Forbidden journey. Just loved it!

Once we had braved the lockers to collect our bags we headed towards the entrance of Diagon Alley, only stopping in Sugarplums to have a look around. We settled on buying a box of Bertie Bott’s beans which cost $11.67 incl tax. We left Sugarplums at 10.19 and headed back into US where we took a left turn towards MIB.

We sorted ourselves a locker out and headed into MIB where we rode and I hit the red button! Wahoooo! Don’t think Dh had any idea about that! After MIB we collected our bags from the free lockers and continued to head around towards The Simpsons. We stopped in Roboasis at 10.45 and recharged our freestyle mugs ($34.04 incl tax) and also took advantage of the air conditioning and seats. After we had recharged we continued on to The Simpsons. On the way I spotted a dot of a child, possibly aged 2 or 3, just wandering around on her own. She looked so tiny and lost I was desperate to help but I didn’t want to approach her myself for fear of getting myself into trouble so I called a team member and suggested she may be lost. The team member went over to hr and we walked away and soon enough she was reunited with her Dad. We continued on and joined the Simpsons queue. This was a quick enough queue and we were soon making our way back out again.

Breakfast seemed like such a long time ago at this point, so we headed into Fast Food Boulevard in the Simpsons Area where we decided to grab some lunch. We wanted different things so DH and the kids queued up on one side and I queued up on the other side, it was relatively quiet still as it had only just gone 11am. Luckily our food orders were ready at a similar time so neither of us had to wait for the other with food rapidly going cold. I ordered a Chicken Thumbs Platter with tator tots (I love tator tots! ) DH ordered a Krusty Burger Platter with Kurly fries and we ordered a Sideshow Bob footlong Platter with Kurly Fries for the kids to share. At the till we grabbed a Big Pink Donut to share. We had our freestyle mugs so didn’t need to pay for drinks. This cost $45.22 (at 11.14) which we thought was a fair price to feed 4 of us.

Lunch was very tasty and didn’t last long in front of us. We shared half of the doughnut between the four of us and saved the other half for later on. We headed out of the food court and went to the Back to the Future car where we took a couple of photos. That was interesting and the first one was hideous! But, we got there in the end.

By this point it was hot and we were in need of a rest so we turned back the way we had came and headed out via the bridge across the lake. According to my notes we refilled our drink again before we left. At 12.53 we were leaving the shop at the entrance to US (I think!) where we had bought some pins (marvel for DD) and 2 magnets. We also bought something flip flops for DH. Together the total was $62.68 including tax. We headed back to the room for a rest.

Once suitably rested (no idea of what time this was because my notes make no mention of it and I have no receipts!) we got changed into swim suits and flip flops and headed back out to the parks so that we could do the wet rides. I have no more notes of this afternoon but I do know that we did indeed do Bilge Rat Barges, River Rapids and Jurassic Park River Adventure.

Once we were soaked to the skin we headed back to the room via a photo op at Vodoo Doughnuts! Gutted I didn't stop in here, but I was too full to eat anymore and we just didn't get the chance later in the trip.

We chose to take the boat back to the room where we took a couple of photos of the fab scenery. Such a nice and relaxing way to get back from the parks, when there is no queue of course!

Once we were back at the room we got showered and changed and went to the lounge for their evening service. We were in there as it opened at 5 and secured a table for 4. We spent the duration of the dinner service (5-7) in the lounge, happily grazing on the delicious food, drinking the beer (Dh and I!) and reading magazines/books and just generally chilling out! The food on offer tonight included chicken empanadas, tomato and mozzarella pesto, sliced salami/chorizo, olives, beef and mushroom wellington and hummus and crackers.

When we finished our food and final drinks and as service was closing the kids grabbed themselves another can of pop and we headed down to the Velvet Bar to use the birthday cocktail voucher we had been given for DH’s birthday. We left the kids in the lobby as no children allowed in and perused the menu to decide what we wanted. I chose the Lady killer and according to my notes it cost $14 but I have no idea what was in it and I can’t find it on the menu online. I also have no idea what DH chose but his was free because we had the voucher. We took our drinks out to where the children had chosen to sit and had a lovely hour enjoying the ambience in the lobby, chatting and drinking!

At 8.30 we headed back up to the lounge for dessert service. I haven’t written it down but I think this could have been the point where we lost DD! We stopped on our way up to the lounge to look at the info board for Volcano Bay where we planned to head tomorrow. Well, I stopped and so did DH and DS but DD had merrily skipped on ahead and thinking we were right behind her had got in the lift, scanned her room key and headed on up to level 7 where she went to the lounge. In the time it had taken us to read the information board, realise DD wasn’t waiting at the lifts, get in the lift and make our way to the lounge DD had waited for us in the lounge, got in a lift and come down to reception to look for us! Oh dear! As we were in the lounge, a staff member overheard us talking about where she had gone and asked if everything was ok. We explained what had happened and he phoned down to the concierge. Luckily it was the right child to get lost and being DD she sensibly went to the concierge and explained the situation and he told her to wait there, as the staff member from the lounge was phoning down! Phew…child located, DH went down in the lift to collect her. And no doubt gave her a stern telling off for giving us a heart attack.

Excitement over for the evening we ate some of the offerings which were strawberry pound cake and cream before heading to bed feeling rather merry from all the free alcohol!

Edited at 09:57 PM.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 30 Mar 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Good day

Joan
thanks for reading.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely day! Glad you located DD quickly nothing to do with the beer in the lounge and the cocktails I hope 😜😂😂
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Lovely day! Glad you located DD quickly nothing to do with the beer in the lounge and the cocktails I hope 😜😂😂
Absolutely nothing to do with the cocktails! 🤣🤣🤣🤣