Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 May 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

If your wee one is ready you will be done and dusted in a week or so, stacks of time before November.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I was also going to mention about the plane, I would use a pull up just in case the seat belt signs are on!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

If he's ready now then it should only take a week or so. If its taking longer he's not ready so just leave it until he is
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

If he is ready the you should be fine. My 3 seemed to take ages but I think I missed the signs and left it too late! DD was a nursery nurse and both her oldest were toilet trained within days🤔. Granddaughter was under 2, dry both days and nights and grandson was under 3 out of nappies day and night!
Old 12 May 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

If he’s ready it will be a quick process. I work in a nursery class and I really don’t recommend pull ups. Nearly every child who has one on uses it like a nappy as that’s really what it is. If you are worried about the flight, I would put a disposable changing mat on the seat and maybe invest in one of those little elephant wee bottles you get off eBay for emergencies. This was a godsend on long car journeys, it’s like a mans urinal bottle that they have in hospitals, but designed for kids.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I can’t imagine using a potty outside of the bathroom areas. America is quite a conservative place.

We took a folding toilet seat everywhere we went and DDs used the toilets with the seat to make it smaller.

Edited at 10:30 PM.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
If he’s ready it will be a quick process. I work in a nursery class and I really don’t recommend pull ups. Nearly every child who has one on uses it like a nappy as that’s really what it is.
Do you think it depends on where they are with potty training? And how often pull-ups are used? i.e. if it’s been established for a while, they might be ok - like the PP above who said her son used pull-ups on the flight, but still asked to use the toilet.

That’s what we found with my DD - we had a long journey (3 hours+) a month or so after she was potty trained, when she was still only one year old. We didn’t want to stop off as we were arriving v.late already, so we put her in pull-ups, and when we arrived she was still clean and dry (asked to go straight to the toilet though!)

So maybe if OP’s son is well-established by November, and just uses pull-ups for occasional long queues (big boy pants the rest of the time), he should be fine. And if he does regress a little, it might be worth it for the peace of mind on holiday, and just get him back on track once home.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

I think by November he’ll be fine, just do a bit of forward planning, if you know a ride has a bit of a queue make sure you take him to the loo before hand, same with the flight, though I think for a one off I would put them in a pull up, just in case they fall asleep. With the queues, if he suddenly tells you he needs a wee, a majority of people are absolutely fine with you leaving and coming back, just leave your partner in the queue.

Finally, as someone else said, the Americans aren’t always too impressed with little ones using a portable potty, so if you’re going to take one, just try and be a bit private. There are tonnes of loos though, so I think you’ll be OK.

Good luck with the training x
Old 12 May 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Don't worry, put him on Space Mountain and he will be potty trained for life.

Before everyone starts screaming at me, I'm just joking!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I can’t imagine using a potty outside of the bathroom areas. America is quite a conservative place.

We took a folding toilet seat everywhere we went and DDs used the toilets with the seat to make it smaller.
I have to agree. I used one in the UK when my girls were young. Mostly in the local parks and playgrounds where there were no toilets. But I have NEVER seen anyone using one here in the US and definitely not in Disney where there are loads of toilets. You won't see little kids not wearing swimsuits here either.