Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 19, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
His only real option is to have his leg amputated and hope they get all of it.
He could have had chemo but the vets have advised against this because the side effects can damage his heart, and as he already has a heart condition its not likely to help in his case.
I have a great vet team though and they are going to speak to an oncologist to see if there could be other options
Oh bless him.

We had a cat who had to have a front leg amputated due to a dog attack, I was so upset and worried he wouldn't cope with only 3 legs but once he got over the operation he was fine.

Hope everything goes well for your cat and he makes a full recovery.
Old 4 Jun 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Don't worry at all about him coping with only 3 legs - they get used to it quickly. My three legged cat still climbs trees
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, what a worry, much love xx
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m so sorry to hear this - one thing I read recently is that animals live very much in the present, so whereas we would think about our missing limb and focus on what we could do before that we now can’t - apparently dogs and cats don’t do that - they just get on with things, accepting the new normal - so hopefully that is true for your cat if that is what the future brings.

Sending much love xxx
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear this xxx

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Further update:
After lots of chats between the vets and family about the best course of action, we decided amputation was the best option.
So yesterday our little man went in for surgery. Everything has gone as well as it could have.
I’m amazed by his resilience, he is already hopping around all be it a little wobbly. He’s still quite tired from the anaesthetic.
Our biggest problem is actually keeping him still when he’s awake!
I can’t believe he acted the way he did after the first op, yet he’s had a much more severe operation this time and is pretty much back to normal less than 24 hours later
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

I hope he is still doing well.

Our cat had one of her back legs amputated when she was 4 and we have just lost her aged 18! She did brilliantly all her life on 3 legs and it did not stop her at all.

Big cuddles for him
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like she’ll be fine once she’s got rid of the GA and other drugs she needs after an op. Cats are remarkably sprightly on 3 legs, because actually their tails are so strong and sensitive that hers will become a fourth leg in some ways.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky's Mum
Excited about Disney

I have 2 friends who each have a 3 legged cat and they are fne and get about virtually the same as 4 legged ones!
Lucky's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Sounds like he was saving his bravery for when he really needed it. Sending your furry baby lots of loves.