Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Jun 19, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

what to do about breakfast at MAN ?

We fly in 10 days Setting off from home in Glasgow around 1.30am to get to Manchester T1 for check in at around 5.30-6am.

What's the best plan for breakfast? get airside or do it before?
and any recommendations for where's the best place to go in Terminal 1?
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

O my god you guys are mental! Ha ha (no offence meant of course)

We normally stay in a premier inn on runger lane the night before (we travel from West coast Scotland, and hour and a half from glasgow). But they don't do breakfast that early.

You can get food in the airport, but I'm not positive what, it's been a couple of years since we flew from Manchester (we fly in a week from there) but we are all I tolerances so often just take our own munchies.
So i hope someone better comes along.
I suppose there is nothing wrong with stopping off at the golden arches and having a quick breakfast if there is one close to the airport, aa route planner will tell you where all the services are.
Have a look at Manchester airports website and see what's available, I am sure you can see what time most places open.

I would vote for breakfast and a drink in Manchester after that drive, check in and security and all that!

Edited at 05:57 AM.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Terminal 1 has several food outlets incl Starbucks, Upper Crust and Pret. Joe’s Kitchen is ok.

(Frankie and Bennys is in T2).

With that long journey I would probably make a pit stop along the M6 (Tebay services?) . Or bring some Sandwiches with me and eat before airport. Then after security just have a coffee and snack. But that is just me. 😃

Edited at 06:14 AM.
Tigger71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We like Giraffe in T1
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The food offering at Manchester airport is fairly dire and unfortunately Terminal 1 is probably the worst.
If you want a full cooked breakfast there is Giraffe, Bar MCR. If just a quick breakfast maybe Starbucks. Have you considered possibly booking an airport lounge ?
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Personally I would opt for a Mcdonalds breakfast than eat in the airport. Its dreadful quality and over priced. I would stop off before you get to airport and eat.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
We have booked into a lounge for £24 each its about the cost of breakfast and a few drinks with the peace and quiet and free wifi included!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

I would get into the vicinity of the airport and take it from there. The worst thing you can do is stop early say around Preston thinking you've got loads of time, only to find yourself caught in a jam you could have avoided.

The best plan is stay over at runger lane and have their breakfast !
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

I would check in and then nip downstairs to arrivals in T1 and get the breakfast sandwich and drink deal from Greggs, it costs about £3, there is a decent sized seating area and it will only take a couple of minutes to get down there from check in. We usually end up in there after our flight back while waiting for the train and value wise we think it is hard to beat at the airport.
Old 18 Jun 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I use T1 a lot throughout the year and have tried them all...none particularly brilliant but more often than not I now go to Cafe Balzar, which is downstairs to the left...I'm not that keen on Giraffe or the other one up there
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List